• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
May 2024 Discussion - Welcome to Severe Season!!!!

weatherwiz

47 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I’m now regretting not posting that every time it snowed last winter ;).

Which wasn’t very often there. It was mostly spring . And actually you did with the dog walking thru snow, radar grabs showing snow just over Stowe and nowhere else (in awe) and pics of downed trees from heavy wet snow.

• Haha 1

You actually can see the back door on high resolution radar as it’s sweeping southwest through the area should be entering north eastern Connecticut over the next hour overtaking Kevin mid evening…

Not sure what it’ll mean for tomorrow’s temperatures again it’ll come down to how much sun

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

You actually can see the back door on high resolution radar as it’s sweeping southwest through the area should be entering north eastern Connecticut over the next hour overtaking Kevin mid evening…

Not sure what it’ll mean for tomorrow’s temperatures again it’ll come down to how much sun

65-70 tomorriw and partly sunny is still AN. It’s been like that all week . Theres only one bad day thru day 10 and that’s Sunday. It’s been a remarkable nice spring in general 

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

65-70 tomorriw and partly sunny is still AN. It’s been like that all week . Theres only one bad day thru day 10 and that’s Sunday. It’s been a remarkable nice spring in general 

If it stays overcast, it won’t be that warm

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Which wasn’t very often there. It was mostly spring . And actually you did with the dog walking thru snow, radar grabs showing snow just over Stowe and nowhere else (in awe) and pics of downed trees from heavy wet snow.

Nah those are just general weather observations in a weather observation thread… you always think those are trolling posts.  It’s just what is happening outside like everyone else does :lol:.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Oh you did. I have the stab wounds to prove it.

Guess the dog shoulder deep in snow and birch trees bent to the ground do it in much fewer words.  A photo is worth a thousand words they say?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I measured 110” of snow this year. Snow wasn’t the issue. 

• Like 3

OP GFS looks the worst next week (Wed thru Sunday)..with marine puke still around. Most models still have the troughiness back next weekend, which has been pretty consistently modeled for over a week now.  

Let's enjoy Monday and Tuesday at least, and hope the other models are more correct about salvaging Wednesday 

• Like 1

Monday and Tuesday don't look like decent days to me.   May be just my preference, but when the boundary is suppressed to barely underneath our latitude with waves rollin' along it... we're not getting balmy buds of May weather

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Monday and Tuesday don't look like decent days to me.   May be just my preference, but when the boundary is suppressed to barely underneath our latitude with waves rollin' along it... we're not getting balmy buds of May weather

I'm actually a bit nervous about temperatures for next week. At least on the GFS, there are significant changes with the track and evolution of the parent low. It was originally tracking across southeast Canada - favoring stronger WAA and lifting the sfc warm front through as it deepens, now it is being suppressed into the Ohio Valley. We may end up on the dirty, cooler side of the boundary. 

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Granted, it does look fairly cloudy on Monday..I had only peeked at the temps. Tuesday might be the better of the two days. 

9 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Granted, it does look fairly cloudy on Monday..I had only peeked at the temps. Tuesday might be the better of the two days. 

mm  fragile.   let's not have any faith in that, either.   just my opinion, but we should set the bar pretty low for a learning disabled hemisphere  ;)

Just long years of experience talking with never winning in the fight against these sort of abysmal spring plague patterns - the worst of all possible outcomes verifies the vast majority of times.   In other words, something will emerge to f-up Tuesday too.