• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
April Discobs 2024

George BM

Oh it's coming!  Starting to see a hint of blue through the fog.  Once the sun pops put the temps are gonna soar!  Get those grills ready

I’m hyped. Breaks in the clouds already occurring here with leftover patches of fog over the Catoctins.

I'm so over cloudy cool mornings. I'm ready for the warm-up that's on the way. 

Cloudy/cool mornings are acceptable…but cloudy/cool afternoons? Nah, I’m good on that.

I guess the next question will be if we can score some storms this week.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MN Transplant said:

Warm.  A tad bit humid too.  Of course, we’ll be begging for 60 degree dews in a month or two.

80 and humid in late April is so easy with a simple shift in the flow from NE to S/SW. It was 55 yesterday. It's gonna get really gross(as usual) in the coming months.

Monthly record at IAD is 93F, set on April 6, 2010, April 17, 2002 and April 25, 1960. Will likely come up short today, but it's within reach. Even if it falls short of the monthly record, still fairly rarefied air here. Last 90F+ in the month of April occurred in 2010.

IAD has done exceptionally well with monthly records over the last 16 months. The 79F on January 26, 2024 shattered the previous monthly record of 75F from 1/29/1975. The 80F reading on February 23, 2023, tied the previous monthly record set on February 21, 2018. The 100F reading on September 6, 2023 set a monthly record, with the three preceding days each tying the prior monthly record of 99F. 

3 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Monthly record at IAD is 93F, set on April 6, 2010, April 17, 2002 and April 25, 1960. Will likely come up short today, but it's within reach. Even if it falls short of the monthly record, still fairly rarefied air here. Last 90F+ in the month of April occurred in 2010.

IAD has done exceptionally well with monthly records over the last 16 months. The 79F on January 26, 2024 shattered the previous monthly record of 75F from 1/29/1975. The 80F reading on February 23, 2023, tied the previous monthly record set on February 21, 2018. The 100F reading on September 6, 2023 set a monthly record, with the three preceding days each tying the prior monthly record of 99F. 

Surprisingly, the low on April 25, 1960 was a relatively chilly 48F. DCA was 95/58 on the same date.

3 minutes ago, mdhokie said:

Grass in the median of the highway is turning brown. I'm flip flopping on my drought stance! 

Guidance seems mostly consistent that our drier period ends starting this weekend. Euro and gfs both widespread 1”+

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Guidance seems mostly consistent that our drier period ends starting this weekend. Euro and gfs both widespread 1”+

I fly out to London on Thursday for a week it would be nice if i didn't come back to dead plants and grass

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic