• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
4/1-4/2 severe threat (southern portion of subforum)

11 minutes ago, OHweather said:

The stuff currently developing from central IN into KY (and anything that fires immediately ahead of it) will be “the show”. We’ll see what the show ends up being. Airmass recovery attempting to occur ahead of that activity but it’s a short window to do it. The low is deepening so wind fields will be extremely robust. We’ll find out quite a bit about if much will happen in the next few hours. 

yup... ingredients are there, let's see what gets baked

q.jpg

• Thanks 1

Significant tornado in progress in central WV.

Also its 71/64 with a south wind at Covington KY (Cincinnati metro) rn. Anyone calling bust/counting out at least SW OH for later needs to take a step back.

• Like 3

Significant tornado in progress in central WV.
Also its 71/64 with a south wind at Covington KY (Cincinnati metro) rn. Anyone calling bust/counting out at least SW OH for later needs to take a step back.

I’d agree that Cincinnati and Columbus are still well under the gun. But, the way everything is going mostly linear concerns me more than the instability

41 minutes ago, Floydbuster said:

3 hours later, since that sounding, the atmosphere in SW Ohio has seen significant recovery, primarily thanks to the 40-50kt LLJ.

With the impressive shear & forcing in place, you don't need a ton of instability nor that much of a temperature spread for tornadic weather.

8 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

Bust of a moderate for sure. Simply too many storms firing up on top of each other and too much rain this morning in OH/IN for severe north of Cincy

yea, it was frustrating.   When we got that clearing around 11:30 I thought it's game on.   Then that garbage rolled in around 2  and I think that was the nail in the coffin.   

One cool thing, the sky has been a show this evening.   Strange cloud formations, colors, and the most amazing rainbow I've ever seen.   I'll upload a pic when I get a chance.