• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central Pa. Spring 2024

6 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

When is the last time they haven't had issues with freeze?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Its seems to me it's every spring. Bot last year it was devastating 10 miles as the crow flies from me. This is from May last year. But the strawberries are blooming now in April this year. This is not good!

May,31, 2023 · 

It is with great sadness that we announce there will be no strawberries for 2023. The frost and freeze conditions on numerous mornings in May have ruined the blossoms and small fruit.

29 degrees this morning, Fired my coal stove back up Saturday night. 

Grass seems to be really growing, another mow coming this afternoon.

edit: Heavy frost this morning, grass is white and truck windshield is frosted up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mahantango#1 said:

Its seems to me it's every spring. Bot last year it was devastating 10 miles as the crow flies from me. This is from May last year. But the strawberries are blooming now in April this year. This is not good!

May,31, 2023 · 

It is with great sadness that we announce there will be no strawberries for 2023. The frost and freeze conditions on numerous mornings in May have ruined the blossoms and small fruit.

If frost in April kills off the crop, it might be time to give up and move on to something else. Maybe it's just no longer a suitable climate for growing strawberries.

24 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

anyone else in the forum suffering with sinus isssues like i am?

Yep, my allergies ramped up over the weekend. I don't sneeze or sniff much but I do have a dry, annoying cough. 

I also completed mow #7 on Saturday. Grass has been growing like crazy. 

43 minutes ago, canderson said:

We're going to take it to West Shore Wildlife Rescue. Possums are great animals, this is so sad. Poor momma. 

Possums are one of the most beneficial animals around. I think they're amazing. And unlike most, I also think they're adorable.