• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

i would like to see more of a cutoff signature, as AN heights over Nova Scotia usually aren’t the best for late season storms. however, teleconnections aren’t quite as useful as they are in mid-Jan due to shorter wavelengths. there’s also some nice HP to the north. something to watch, but I would lower expectations given a lack of ample cold air 

IMG_4904.thumb.png.87ae01feb9e3c6f10e34a9485ad13dc7.pngIMG_4903.thumb.png.a83ca93bc06c31ffeaeb4054b512901b.png

• Like 2

Just now, WinterWolf said:

The weather does BS things a lot…you of all people know this.  It’d be the ultimate…fools us again idea.  

It does, so it wouldn’t be surprising. It’s still technically winter and as we know March has been more of a winter month than December in recent years.

I won’t rain on anyone’s parade if it happens but I’ve definitely moved on to desiring the warmth of spring. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, brooklynwx99 said:

i would like to see more of a cutoff signature, as AN heights over Nova Scotia usually aren’t the best for late season storms. however, teleconnections aren’t quite as useful as they are in mid-Jan due to shorter wavelengths. there’s also some nice HP to the north. something to watch, but I would lower expectations given a lack of ample cold air 

IMG_4904.thumb.png.87ae01feb9e3c6f10e34a9485ad13dc7.pngIMG_4903.thumb.png.a83ca93bc06c31ffeaeb4054b512901b.png

Way to play it down some…it’ll be a huge hit now for sure. Thanks pal. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It does, so it wouldn’t be surprising. It’s still technically winter and as we know March has been more of a winter month than December in recent years.

I won’t rain on anyone’s parade if it happens but I’ve definitely moved on to desiring the warmth of spring. 

Oh I agree.  Funny thing is, it keeps showing up lol. 

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Way to play it down some…it’ll be a huge hit now for sure. Thanks pal. 

He’s not though. It’s a fair assessment imo. One thing is for sure though, we're taking ditty to the woodshed and spanking his bare fanny with empty beer bottles. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

He’s not though. It’s a fair assessment imo. One thing is for sure though, we're taking ditty to the woodshed and spanking his bare fanny with empty beer bottles. 

if this was Jan, i’d probably can the risk, but March is stupid and this could easily just cut off and dump

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Man you have just been infatuated with me the last few weeks. I mean dude .. rise up off deez nuts 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

45 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I think you said something like this for 2/13 too lol.  It’s still low chance for most in SNE…but it’s still there. Which is comical due to folks yelling everything is over. Love the irony. 

What is your point? This one will trend very far south because that one did?

1 hour ago, brooklynwx99 said:

Yea, same feeling on this.

• Like 1

gfs_T850a_us_35.png

The operational run is a cold outlier at 850 mb on the evening of the 10th. 

Despite the growing coherence in the mean/distribution products, the ens mean is quite a bit warmer than this above in the antecedence to that 10/11th system. 

One might think it would it trend colder as we near, or else the baroclinicity comes into question and the whole thing ends up an elevated gyre.  Warned this in the past.... the big cyclone extended range systems of spring sometimes deteriorate in the runs as they near, because the b-c gradients get homogenized by the time of the year.  

But, maybe the oper is onto something.

12 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

What is your point? This one will trend very far south because that one did?

Not at all,  what I mean is, it’s a roll the dice chance at this juncture, this thing can end up anywhere.  So saying anything at this point is pretty useless, other than there may be a storm nearby in 8-9 days. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I think you said something like this for 2/13 too lol.  It’s still low chance for most in SNE…but it’s still there. Which is comical due to folks yelling everything is over. Love the irony. 

He did say something like this. 

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

20240229_124350.jpg

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Euro looks icy Thursday

We haven't had any ice this year in our area, which is rare. Typically there's at least one moderate ice event.