• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Official Unofficial Overnight February 16/17th Snow/OBS Thread

53 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

I have a Question?... it almost had an appearance of an elongated norlun trough?  

It is completely different. This was via very strong/deep frontogenesis in combination with upper level jet dynamics.

• Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Sounding like 20:1 ratios in the death band which explains the #'s we saw guidance qpf was fairly accurate.

Yup the massive upward motion in that band that interesected the DGZ coupled with deep saturation resulted in much higher SLRs. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

RedSky’s living the dream this weekend!

Two alerts on my phone, unfortunately nothing but sun here :(

The dream is somewhat tarnished because of the big numbers to my north, and the night snow but yeah it's fun. The squall was better than the 5" hour because I could see it, can't emphasize enough daytime snow dammit!

One more group of showers entering Montco 

11 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

RedSky’s living the dream this weekend!

Two alerts on my phone, unfortunately nothing but sun here :(

Both scared the bejesus out of me while driving w/my cell in my corner shirt pocket only to receive nothing. You get nothing!

32.jpg

2 hours ago, MGorse said:

It is completely different. This was via very strong/deep frontogenesis in combination with upper level jet dynamics.

Insanity…

4” @ my home (Lumberville, PA) and 2 miles as crow flies 8” Stockton NJ and 8 miles crow flies 13” Frenchtown NJ‼️‼️

THANK GOD I’m in Richmond, VA. cause missing that death-band that close would have driven me insane‼️

IMG_3149.jpeg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, snowwors2 said:

Insanity…

4” @ my home (Lumberville, PA) and 2 miles as crow flies 8” Stockton NJ and 8 miles crow flies 13” Frenchtown NJ‼️‼️

THANK GOD I’m in Richmond, VA. cause missing that death-band that close would have driven me insane‼️

IMG_3149.jpeg

Welcome to my world, I would be between Stanton and Rosemont. Do you have Bucks county reports?

'

I just got in from a birthday celebration for one of my nieces at a restaurant out in KOP and I found the powder snow!  The winds had kicked in around when we got out there at 12:30 pm and the stuff was continually blowing off the roofs of the buildings.  Didn't have that IMBY - just a lot of splatting as the stuff fell off the trees, sloughing of snow sheets off the sides and hoods of cars, and lots of dripping.

20 hours ago, snowwors2 said:

Insanity…

IMG_3149.jpeg

Where do you find these tables on the Mt.Holly site? I look at the 'text products' but they show the snowfall data as it comes in. I haven't been able to locate a table as shown above.

7 hours ago, zenmsav6810 said:

This did not disappoint. The 13.8" in Macungie lived up to the hype at Bear Creek Mountain Resort-- deepest fresh powder I've ever skied. It was like the perfect amount. Definitely the light fluffy high ratio stuff!

I am an official spotter for the NWS for the last 25 years or so.  I reported that measurement. I do not hype measurements. I was not kidding with all of observations about the snowfall and snowflakes.  I live about two miles from the resort. The total after the snow squalls was over 14 inches. I still have 10+ inches on the northern side of the house. The southern facing sides lost all but about 6 inches. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

16 hours ago, Albedoman said:

I am an official spotter for the NWS for the last 25 years or so.  I reported that measurement. I do not hype measurements. I was not kidding with all of observations about the snowfall and snowflakes.  I live about two miles from the resort. The total after the snow squalls was over 14 inches. I still have 10+ inches on the northern side of the house. The southern facing sides lost all but about 6 inches. 

Indeed, it was a good measurement. Unbelievable how localized the totals were. 

11 minutes ago, zenmsav6810 said:

Indeed, it was a good measurement. Unbelievable how localized the totals were. 

thanks for your confidence in me.  Last night  single digits back up the snow pack too.  I just wish everyone would have received the same amount.  Its not fair as I feel as I am the one that got served surf and turf while everyone else got mac and cheese.  

I warning many of those who think winter is dead based on the upcoming weather patterns. A dying el nino pattern usually brings a significant snowfall by mid to late March for our area. My 30+ years, I have observed this phenomenon.  The problem is that it will all melt right way because of the sun angle but I still think about it. The 60+ degrees in early March will be replaced by cold rainy April too. 

• Weenie 1

On 2/20/2024 at 9:09 AM, Albedoman said:

Its not fair as I feel as I am the one that got served surf and turf while everyone else got mac and cheese.  

I love Mac and cheese personally and would eat it 7 days a week if possible. Not greedy wrt what's being served and never got angry at others eating their feast. Glad you enjoyed!

• 2 weeks later...