Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Refresher snow & obs between ~midnight and Noon Sat Feb 17 2024

wdrag

4 minutes ago, the_other_guy said:

Called this situation this afternoon. Marginal temps in city

I disagree. Temp is 37 now with a dewpoint of 12. When it starts precipitating temperature will drop to freezing and then should drop a bit more through the early morning.

• Like 3

Just now, SBUWX23 said:

I disagree. Temp is 37 now with a dewpoint of 12. When it starts precipitating temperature will drop to freezing and then should drop a bit more through the early morning.

I agree. Between the snow cover in the area and the Wet bulb temps, I do not see much of an issue regarding accumulation. Now, NYC Roadways, of course are a different story absent moderate rates, but this is normal. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SBUWX23 said:

Biggest issue might be speed of storm, the accumulating snow is likely over by sunrise with only flurries after that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Biggest issue might be speed of storm, the accumulating snow is likely over by sunrise with only flurries after that.

Probably won't take long for the park to drop below freezing. Not sure about blacktop in Manhattan. I'm sure there will be "roads covered" posts galore.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, SBUWX23 said:

Probably won't take long for the park to drop below freezing. Not sure about blacktop in Manhattan. I'm sure there will be "roads covered" posts galore.

with the dewpoint that low it could even get into the upper 20s.

temps wont be a problem, I just wish the storm was moving a little more slowly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ForestHillWx said:

28/16 in Chester, NJ. Clouds have moved in, the moon has a faint look to it. 

Right by you in Morristown. Would love another . 1-3 to refresh the snow pack and clean things up. Im not following maps for such a small storm where its probably a 1-2” difference but just hoping for enough for the kiddo to get some fresh sledding.