Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13 rain to snow event

LVblizzard

Just now, anthonyweather said:

I retract my statement, but rap is further s then this

If the NAM comes as far south as the RAP then it’s time to start worrying a little. This thing isn’t gonna miss us like it might in Scranton, but another sizable shift south leaves us with 2-4” or 3-6” instead of 6-10”+.

• Haha 1

If the NAM comes as far south as the RAP then it’s time to start worrying a little. This thing isn’t gonna miss us like it might in Scranton, but another sizable shift south leaves us with 2-4” or 3-6” instead of 6-10”+.

Yeah just concerning that hrrr and rap made significant jumps south after the euro

Just now, MGorse said:

This is insane! I would literally be pulling my hair out if working today. Did mention over the weekend at work that this storm could be a surprise but was not sure where. 

Hrrr looks 83ish with that band and those rates down this way. Ffs make this the one time it verifies lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

I was 9 years old in that storm in 1983, but I think this is a wee bit different set up.  This trend here is unprecidented, fun, unexpected but the temps???

While rates can overcome marginal temps and warm grounds....this could well be a classic case of elevation playing havoc with totals. I have seen 6" of snow at my spot and drive 1 mile away down 250 ft and only see 3" of snow with a temp at 32-33

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

I was 9 years old in that storm in 1983, but I think this is a wee bit different set up.  This trend here is unprecidented, fun, unexpected but the temps???

HRRR is 32-34F during the heaviest rates...that'll definitely accumulate regardless of how warm it has been leading up to the storm. This sort of set up reminds me of March 7-8th 2018... we were light rain until the heavier echoes moved in then BAM 5-6 hours heavy snow/thundersnow..all surfaces caved despite temps 32-34 during the day...got 9 inches of concrete at 6-7:1 ratio's.

• Like 1

Just now, The Iceman said:

HRRR is 32-34F during the heaviest rates...that'll definitely accumulate regardless of hour warm it has been leading up to the storm. This sort of set up reminds me of March 7-8th 2018... we were light rain until the heavier echoes moved in then BAM 5-6 hours heavy snow/thundersnow..all surfaces caved despite temps 32-34 during the day.

Was March 7-8 the storm that knocked out power to much of eastern PA? I remember that clearly, I was in the Poconos for it and the forecast was 1-3”, instead we got over 6” with blizzard conditions at times.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:

While rates can overcome marginal temps and warm grounds....this could well be a classic case of elevation playing havoc with totals. I have seen 6" of snow at my spot and drive 1 mile away down 250 ft and only see 3" of snow with a temp at 32-33

I am 100% in your camp.  Literally where I live I could have 9" at my house half mile away drop 100 feet be at 3" I get you.  

3 minutes ago, LVblizzard said:

Was March 7-8 the storm that knocked out power to much of eastern PA? I remember that clearly, I was in the Poconos for it and the forecast was 1-3”, instead we got over 6” with blizzard conditions at times.

Yup! One of my favorite storms the last 10 years. I'm actually pretty sure temps were above freezing the entire event IIRC at least down here by 95.

5 minutes ago, LVblizzard said:

Ended up with 11.5" of snow with that one with a temp that never went below 32.5

Already told the boss I wouldn't be in tomorrow. He had no idea there was even a storm coming! Most of my coworkers live in Chester/Del counties, soo...

I bet there'll be a mad rush for bread and milk after the evening news. It's been a while for many folks.

Time to crack open an adult beverage and let the tracking commence! 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

Already told the boss I wouldn't be in tomorrow. He had no idea there was even a storm coming! Most of my coworkers live in Chester/Del counties, soo...

I bet there'll be a mad rush for bread and milk after the evening news. It's been a while for many folks.

Time to crack open an adult beverage and let the tracking commence! 

Family member said they heard one inch maybe two and it's so warm it will be melted away in a couple hours they have their mind made up thanks to their accu weather/weather bug lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Family member said they heard one inch maybe two and it's so warm it will be melted away in a couple hours they have their mind made up thanks to their accu weather/weather bug lol

Exactly what my Wydmoor sis said to me about an hour ago when I gave her a warning...   It's 48 here right now with dp 36 so it would be hard to justify a paste job.