Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations

Northof78

Just now, hooralph said:

How is the Euro still putting us in the bullseye? There's a lot of work to do here in the city (speaking of rates and what I can see of accumulation on cars, etc) 

City itself is a different beast. Here in Whitestone, Queens, we have 1”-2” on the ground and covering everything including roads.

• Like 2

Just now, hooralph said:

How is the Euro still putting us in the bullseye? There's a lot of work to do here in the city (speaking of rates and what I can see of accumulation on cars, etc) 

In Manhattan it self you won’t get that accumulation. The outer boroughs are already snow covered 

• Like 1

Just now, nycsnow said:

Even the belt parkway is starting to get snow covered that’s why I don’t know there was this whole debate of white rain yest lol

Zero white rain here. Full stickage to all surfaces.

• Like 1

It's a weeny fest in here with some of the complaining. Everyone should be thrilled. 1st snowstorm for most in a long time. It's just getting cranking off the coast, coastal areas are about to be dumped on for most of the morning. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

As of 6:30 am, still 33F and 1.25" of snow on the ground and snowing moderately - that's only 1/2" per hour rates - going to need more than that to even get to 5-6", let alone 7-8".

As of 7 am, down to 32F and 1.75" OTG and snowing close to heavily now, with 1"/hour rates the past 30 minutes. It's gorgeous out there with everything covered - first plow just went by our house. TWC was just discussing how the low pressure off DelMarVa is strengthening and noting that short term forecasts are for 1-2" per hour for the next 3-4 hours for much of CNJ/NYC/NENJ.

zAjlbTV.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, suzook said:

It's a weeny fest in here with some of the complaining. Everyone should be thrilled. 1st snowstorm for most in a long time. It's just getting cranking off the coast, coastal areas are about to be dumped on for most of the morning. 

No one is going to be happy unless it snows all day.  It can stop just before sunset. :)

24 minutes ago, RevWarReenactor said:

I see that’s fair I guess. But north of I-84 is historic bust territory. So bad it should be talked about for years type bust. 

3 miles west of Middletown NY already has over 8 inches and that's right on I-84. The models last night had that area less than an inch, my area 12 miles south of I84 is approaching 6.5 inches. I was modeled for 2 last night.

I think last nights overdone push to the south is the bigger fail of the models for this area.

• Like 3