Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations

Northof78

Just now, EastonSN+ said:

Obviously I weigh the GFS higher than the Canadian, however there is no clear trend yet between the three major models.

All depends on EURO. If it moves north than yes concerning.

Trend is not our friend

CMC changes it over to snow even well south of the city, but the problem is the period of snow is too brief before it pulls out. So it isn't significant. 

So far the 12z models don't look great. Maybe last night was a tease, but we'll see what Euro shows this afternoon.

We know how thread the needle this event is. Some people here have said a slushy inch or two on colder surfaces. Right now I think that's a good early call, but we hope to get lucky with something more significant. 

• Like 1

Just now, jm1220 said:

I have to think the GFS/Euro idea is right here but that CMC run is a huge forehead scratcher this close in. Maybe these south outliers mean GFS/Euro are too amped, I can hope anyway. But it can easily rampage north at 0z. 

whatever happens its obvious its another no big deal event with NYC measuring less then 2 inches snow...

• Northof78 changed the title to 2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic