• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

Mm  what y'all who posted about the CMC neglected to mention is that it was a significant N/W trend compared to the previous cycle.. Also slightly slower -

I'd say that is a nod in favor of these late corrections we're seeing from its peers.  Easy to imagine the next run just doing so even more.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Mm  what y'all who posted about the CMC neglected to mention is that it was a significant N/W trend compared to the previous cycle.. Also slightly slower -

I'd say that is a nod in favor of these late corrections we're seeing from its peers.  Easy to imagine the next run just doing so even more.  

Agree same with UK but apparently that's a wild thing to say. 

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Ok beefier for the scallop boats off New Bedford.

Can't see the forest thru the trees. Do some research on the MLs differences, forcing. Total change in structure.  Coming north. Save a horse though. Deep winter now on all models well deep winter to most of us. Apparently deep winter in Weymouth is snow up to thy knickers minus 20 with 40 mph winds. We won't have that but a half a foot on the ground and subzero windchill will suffice for deep winter. 

• Like 1

850/700 inflow configuration continues to improve (IMHO), and I suspect we will see qpf numbers inch up further, especially from central / northern Mass on eastward into interior northeastern Mass.  In fact, I'm becoming more impressed with the hvy snow potential across these areas??? For southern CT/RI/southeastern Mass folks, the 850/700 centers are a bit too close for comfort and will likely cause some precip type issues, unless then trend a bit further south.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Can't see the forest thru the trees. Do some research on the MLs differences, forcing. Total change in structure.  Coming north. Save a horse though. Deep winter now on all models well deep winter to most of us. Apparently deep winter in Weymouth is snow up to thy knickers minus 20 with 40 mph winds. We won't have that but a half a foot on the ground and subzero windchill will suffice for deep winter. 

I see all of this. And I have mentioned many times I'd be happy with some decent snow. I don't have to jack. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, FXWX said:

850/700 inflow configuration continues to improve (IMHO), and I suspect we will see qpf numbers inch up further, especially from central / northern Mass on eastward into interior northeastern Mass.  In fact, I'm becoming more impressed with the hvy snow potential across these areas??? For southern CT/RI/southeastern Mass folks, the 850/700 centers are a bit too close for comfort and will likely cause some precip type issues, unless then trend a bit further south.

I mentioned that earlier. Not explicitly about 850-700 but took that into consideration. Just based on how it looks and also my gut that says it will tick north. I'm well aware something more sheared and shunted south could happen. 

This event is lost on me so far. Still…

Looking for the perceived “wall” in the northeast; I don’t see it—not at the surface, 850 or 500. Certainly not a high enough wall for potent shortwave to overcome, with long wave spacing that has the span of the CONUS to amplify…850 cold anoms are on the back side of this; not out ahead over the northeast US or SE Canada. That’s a red flag arguing against suppression. 

There’s also a flip flop in NAO conditions as the storm makes its closest approach, neg state to positive. Less confluence; warmer. It also means faster track. With that, I believe the 12z GFS seems like the best case scenario; snow-wise. I wouldn’t benchmark that as the most likely outcome.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

We kid. Ray's got the jack, well he thinks so . We need our SOP JUJU back to keep the Jack's SOP. 

This winter is a lock to be meh so at this point, I'll be happy with serviceable snow. It's a lost cause of a winter.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, FXWX said:

Someone pulls off what I did on Jan 7 IMO.

21 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I mentioned that earlier. Not explicitly about 850-700 but took that into consideration. Just based on how it looks and also my gut that says it will tick north. I'm well aware something more sheared and shunted south could happen. 

Yep... Discount the sheared option at your own peril.  Not betting it but I refuse to throw out any option given the potential for more or less interaction, and or more or less suppression.  Given we are still in 72+ hour range, we'd be foolish to discount anything.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I started thinking that late yesterday, but didn't have the balls to say it at that point.

I think a chunk of that was CF enhanced too. I'm not sure this happens like that as winds back quickly in this one vs hours of CF nakedness you had.

This system doesn't seem to have a sharpening/curling s/w...might even become more open with time. So if someone gets clocked, it's on the nrn edge of the s/w with it  aligned WSW to ENE or so on the deformation axis.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I think a chunk of that was CF enhanced too. I'm not sure this happens like that as winds back quickly in this one vs hours of CF nakedness you had.

This system doesn't seem to have a sharpening/curling s/w...might even become more open with time. So if someone gets clocked, it's on the nrn edge of the s/w with it  aligned WSW to ENE or so on the deformation axis.

A little...not much....it took it from like 16" to 19". But the swath of well over a foot extended back to the SW to ORH.

Agree on the bolded...this is what I envision.