• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring the 29th/30th for significant impact coastal redevelopment - confidence only medium for now but is trending favorably.

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

For a clear example of this , folks just need to look at the 6z and 12z runs of the HRRR (both have extended hours )

Go to reflectivity and loop for the day Sunday 

6z run was a massive WAA push that wasn’t shredded and was longer lasting and expansive even to the North  , The result was CT and RI were buried on Thump and really everyone did well

12z run was a weaker disjointed WAA push and it didn’t really amount to anything other than 1-2” in hills of CT and nada really north of Union 

In between those extremes would be the 6z euro solid several hour thump but not as expansive and confined to CT and Later into Eve RI

Yeah I’m not expecting much on the thump here so I’m staying fairly conservative. If guidance becomes more unanimous for a good thump then I’ll be more bullish on 6”+ here. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Very difficult forecast for the hills south of I90. If the colder trends are real then you can take em up . But I don’t have a strong feeling either way . Before 12z.. I still think 3-6” for this area . I guess it all depends on the first thump tomorrow and if that’s real

I'm with you here, I think we struggle to hit 4 in this area, unless the cold cools more for the thump because we ain't seeing any CCB snows back here so we rely on thump and maybe some crumbs on the backside, going 3-5 here

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm not sure where the idea of the NAM having a cold bias comes from...

Just paying attention to the last storm, and the one before that, and the one before that and…..

Oh yea… and we are already at the NAM’s progged highs for today…

:thumbsup:

Just now, CoastalWx said:

NAMs were kind of meh outside the “thump”.

CCB has looked pretty flaccid since the 06z euro came out. I guess hrrr was decent but that is clown range for that model. 

Just now, Kitz Craver said:

North ticks hurting but a thump well down in to CT that wasn’t there in prior runs, I’m confused 

Well yea there’s pros and cons. It would help some areas get a few slushy inches, but once that goes by mid levels are torched. So that ruins it for a lot of the storm near and south of the pike. 

• Like 1