• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 15-16 Storm Threat Thread: The Return of Hope??

stormtracker

4 minutes ago, WhiteoutMD said:

I could be way off but I see snow starting around 5 pm tomorrow ending around 5 pm Tuesday around DC.  Is this way off I don't see any snow tonight.  Maybe some flurry's mid day tomorrow.  What am I missing? 

Around 6am tomorrow morning 

29 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Nah. WWA at best friend 

When's the last time we even had a WWA for the DC Metro-Balt, or at least a "legit" one?  Seriously, would that have been March 2022, with that short cold blast and a couple of inches of snow (some areas got more)?  I know there was the pre-dawn half inch in early February last year but don't know if they even issued anything for that (and the only measurable snow all last season!).

8 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

18Z RGEM looks like a weenie run based off the early maps, FWIW.

Also supports the WWA tonight, I believe. Better maps hopefully in a few.

admittedly not as epic as I'd thought it might be (early maps might show some virga) it still juiced up slightly. tries a bit w/ the coastal as well

1705442400-gnn7adYgk5M.png

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

admittedly not as epic as I'd thought it might be (early maps might show some virga) it still juiced up slightly. tries a bit w/ the coastal as well

1705442400-gnn7adYgk5M.png

3" is the number. Anything more is bonus. I know we all would take this. No one loses and no one is a big winner either. Equality guys, equality

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Deck Pic said:

Yeah. It’s kind of wacky. Moved up and over early. I’m tempted to toss it. 

Yeah...this

23 minutes ago, WxMan1 said:

I'd be wary of the NAM folks, even the 3km. Mainly because, well, it's the NAM (btw NCEP can't pull the plug on that model soon enough). I know it's in the shorter range when the NAM could actually be right. But look at some of the CAMS, including the latest (18Z) HREF are all farther south with the axis. I mean, look at the latest HRRR (the one Pivotal Wx map)...heaviest stays south! And were within 24-36 hours of go time.

Will be interesting to see the 18Z GFS trends. ECMWF and UKMET, while not as far south with the max QPF and snow axis (into central VA), are definitely more muted with more widespread 2-3" for most, which is consistent with the NBM.

Proceed with caution with the NAM3..

Screenshot (75).png

Screenshot (76).png

Screenshot (77).png

Screenshot (79).png

This event reminds me a little of 2/1-2/13.  Though, this should be better.  Snow showers fell periodically over a 2 day period with temps below freezing.  Sometimes moderate.  Only ended up with 1", but it was nice to have snow in the air for a lot of the time.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Deck Pic said:

This event reminds me a little of 2/1-2/13.  Though, this should be better.  Snow showers fell periodically over a 2 day period with temps below freezing.  Sometimes moderate.  Only ended up with 1", but it was nice to have snow in the air for a lot of the time.

Remember that one, wintry scene. This should be accompanied (hopefully by periods of moderate rates, maybe we get some 1/2mi vis SN going to help tack on some totals. I do think there will be some localized heavier stuff, especially if coastal enhancement pants out overnight tomorrow. If I still lived near Baltimore, my bar would be about 2.5” right now

• Like 2

Just now, DDweatherman said:

Remember that one, wintry scene. This should be accompanied (hopefully by periods of moderate rates, maybe we get some 1/2mi vis SN going to help tack on some totals. I do think there will be some localized heavier stuff, especially if coastal enhancement pants out overnight tomorrow. If I still lived near Baltimore, my bar would be about 2.5” right now

The National Weather Service promised me 3-4"+ so that's my bar

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I meant real snow. That’s like 50” of NAM snow 

Just smile and be happy, that's headed in the right direction. The NAM Nest has raised you from 3.5" to 6.3".     Wow!!!   If this keeps up You may need to get your blower out!!!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

Anyone ready to keep the fire burning with the GFS? Or are we due for a shit run with 2” totals only DC and south? :lol:

As one who's suffered in the SE FfxCo lowlands with mere "fattie" snow flurries for about 15 min earlier this afternoon...I'll take a shit run of 2" over the next 48 hours.  :)  Although the warnings issued forth from LWX are definitely encouraging for tonight and the next day or two, as well as the end of the week.

• Like 1