• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 15th-17th 2024 Arctic Blast/Snow Event

John1122

HRRR looks beautiful for today. I don’t think we’ve seen close to the best dynamics and rates. It was a noticeable difference when we got to downtown Gatlinburg for breakfast. Much more mixing downtown and primarily snow for us at 3,000 feet.

Hoping those rates this afternoon mean business

• Like 3

Some sort of sleet/rain in Maryville. Looks like a total bust here unless it can somehow change back over. Was only snow a couple hours ago. I’ll have to find something else to do today.

anybody know if there’s a chance of switching back to snow in Blount?

23 minutes ago, Carvers Gap said:

One other note on using deterministic global models once inside of 36 hours, they don't have the ability to dial things in like short range models as they lack the hi-res ability to do it.   But somehow, they still outperformed the mess scale models IMHO.  The ultra hi-res, radar based models did well...

I'm stealing this.

• Haha 2

It's been puking in Ooltewah for a little while now. It looks like the rain snow line is a hair to our south. Is it possible for us to stay all snow in the transition zone and overperform?
I know it's a computer generated forecast, but TWC took us from 1-3" to 5-8" right after the moderate snow started.

I'll take half that amount and call it a day down here!9fcc26c15ed9d50fc7a4b380c127cf7f.jpg

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

It's been puking in Ooltewah for a little while now. It looks like the rain snow line is a hair to our south. Is it possible for us to stay all snow in the transition zone and overperform?
I k ow it's a computer generated forecast, but TWC took us from 1-3" to 5-8" right after the moderate snow started.

I'll take half that amount and call it a day down here!9fcc26c15ed9d50fc7a4b380c127cf7f.jpg

6 minutes ago, Hurricaneguy said:

Just switched to rain/sleet here in Greeneville. Not looking good now. Pain if this busts here.  

19 minutes ago, ShawnEastTN said:

My road which is a secondary state highway was brined yesterday, scraped and salted by TDOT at 730 this morning. da974ad6b9848d050b9c8378e4c68ee8.jpg

10 minutes ago, RawCrabMeat said:

Some sort of sleet/rain in Maryville. Looks like a total bust here unless it can somehow change back over. Was only snow a couple hours ago. I’ll have to find something else to do today.

anybody know if there’s a chance of switching back to snow in Blount?

tenor.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

I know it's a computer generated forecast, but TWC took us from 1-3" to 5-8" right after the moderate snow started.

I think the transition is in between you and me. I had nice flakes 20 minutes ago, now mostly sleet again. Shame too. The radar actually looks amazing. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, fountainguy97 said:

Temp 30.0 I have switched to sleet/drizzle in lighter rates. The closest model to my temps right now is the gfs and fv3. Meso models arnt even remotely close. 

regardless I am mixing and signs of mixing are widespread at the moment

It's off and on flakes here in Greeneville. I felt good the mix line would stay to our south but Im not encouraged by the widespread reports of mixing especially this early in the day.  

Same in East Ridge… hoping we can stay in this for the rest of the day.

TWC has us in 3-5 inches.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hurricaneguy said:

It's off and on flakes here in Greeneville. I felt good the mix line would stay to our south but Im not encouraged by the widespread reports of mixing especially this early in the day.  

Back to snow/sleet. Wonder if it's moisture driven? Probably is for me. But idk abt over there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WinterWonderland said:

It's 28 here in Oak Ridge, TN and we have what looks to be 3 or 4 inches so far.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Nice! So it looks like most in the central valley have 3 plus at this point.

Any reports south of 40? Wonder where the heavy cutoff is. 

Just now, RawCrabMeat said:

Raining south of 40 in Maryville. Less than an inch and currently melting

Goodness. That's awful. Didn't think the rain line would make it that far up. 

Temp here is slowly climbing. At 29 now. See if snow cover helps temps stay down and prevent melting. 

• Like 3

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic