Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 15th-17th 2024 Arctic Blast/Snow Event

John1122

59 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

If my weather station is accurate, our dewpoint is a little higher. I'm in Ooltewah near 75 and Hunter. I'm hoping for a miracle that we don't get screwed with a stalled front and a cold rain/mix. 83b2bd797ca445600160432093cd76a8.jpgad34decb5087c7c73c33d7a3a8efa26b.jpg

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

This tracks. I think your PWS is pretty accurate. I'm reading a temp of 40.8 (it is dropping pretty steadily now) and a DP of 31.4. The temp drop is encouraging, but the DP has basically been steady all afternoon. I'd like to see it drop down a bit. Surface wetbulb is way above freezing right now, but that doesn't mean we can't cool further.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tnweathernut said:

And this is the last hour of that model….  17z. (12 noon).   Most of what falls in east TN comes tomorrow after this time and into the evening.  Still looks good to me.

IMG_5224.png

Yeah I'm pointing out the trend. Still trending north. Which will impact totals yet to fall. 

• Like 3

Light snow currently falling on the Waldens ridge, no issues sticking to surfaces. Temps and dewpoints are currently stable at 30.6 and 20, respectively
Walden Ridge, as in Signal Mtn. area of Chattanooga, or is there a different Walden Ridge? I'm using TapaTalk on my phone, and American Weather doesn't show locations on the app.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic