Jebman

5 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Might be a good attempt but it doesn’t get there

At least to me it doesn’t look like it but I probably called it too early

i thought early on it was going to have a good run

gem_z500_vort_us_21.png

• Like 1

Just now, Terpeast said:

And its a nothing burger OTS, but that’s fine for now. Too far out for an op run

its not fine...i need to see something big and blue like i saw 9 days out in Jan 2016

30 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

This was close to something big. @Heisy?   But as of now, weak area of broad low pressure moving NNE off the coast..we have some light snows, but nothing impressive light snows over the area from 132 to 150

Long duration event of 18+ hours is what we do well, If temps cold snd/or dark then 0.25 up to .0.5”ph would impress. 

Just now, Ji said:

basically we are in the same boat as we were last night

Euro has something

Gfs and Canadien dont....

who is gonna cave

Gfs and Canadian have something just just not as exciting as the euro was. It’s getting closer though. 

The way we sort of failed tonight on the models runs is certainly feasible. I wouldn’t discount these solutions at all. We still need the right spacing and timing of all the shortwaves involved. Cmc/ GEFS shows that method of failure where you have the stalled out front near TN valley and then once the main shortwave finally redevelops it’s too late except for NYC/NE whatever.

So much to figure out I wouldn’t panic about this one until we get around 96 hours.

6z gfs can easily suddenly be a huge hit. I’ve seen it a million times in these situations

You see how the snow mean kind of skips us? That’s from the redevelopment factor and it’s def possible.

c3af79aeab90f317f09df4a72a0c08eb.jpg
e4439224ce472f8064c3472d74b82b62.jpg

I do fear the dwindling hours. Not that it's an insurmountable adjustment (in fact it's extremely within reason to adjust to a win), but it does feel like one or two bad days of runs would leave us statistically unlikely to see the kind of changes necessary to get a nice event.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic