• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 6-7 Winter Storm

14 minutes ago, LVLion77 said:

Yeah, this is a bad bust. It’ll be interesting to see how far north th mixing progresses. Based on what we’ve seen thus far, I would say the southern Poconos are in trouble as well. Maybe it makes it as far north as Mount Pocono.

12 minutes ago, wkd said:

Lol.  What were your expections?  Did you think you would wake up to a winter wonderland?  If you looked at the modeled  positive snow depth change it was paltry. So far, here it has been a better event than anything 2022-2023 had to offer.

Once the low goes out into bay/ocean and eventually starts to move NE, there should be some wrap-around.

Here're the "2" lows!  ETA - remember the models kept have "a low" hop skip jumping around. :lol:

F000_wpc_sfc-430pm-01062024.gif

25 minutes ago, Beagles20 said:

My bad, what is CC?

CC is correlation coefficient.  It shows the variability of hydrometeors within the radar beam.  The higher the number, the more similar the hydrometeors are.  The lower the number, the more variable.  In the image below, the green color shows the area of changeover.  North of that is snow, south is rain.  

Screenshot_20240106_164646_RadarScope.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BBasile said:

CC is correlation coefficient.  It shows the variability of hydrometeors within the radar beam.  The higher the number, the more similar the hydrometeors are.  The lower the number, the more variable.  In the image below, the green color shows the area of changeover.  North of that is snow, south is rain.  

Screenshot_20240106_164646_RadarScope.jpg

Got it.  Thank you.  I did figure out what was meant by the CC.  Thanks again for the explanation.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

My station gauge bucket finally tipped with a glug and now have 0.14" (expect it would have been much more but will need to wait until the storm is over and I go out and check the Stratus).

Still have light - moderate rain and its 33 with dp 33 and southeasterly winds picking up.

Yep, pingers  as well.

33F

now.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fields27 said:

Didn't expect the flip back to snow here. Really coming down. Roads are the worst they've been all day. Pleasant surprise!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Keep an eye out for this slug of moisture heading NE.  I have a feeling that will flip you and ABE back to mix.  Curious to see if I am right.

1 minute ago, Fields27 said:

Didn't expect the flip back to snow here. Really coming down. Roads are the worst they've been all day. Pleasant surprise!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Our roads have completely caved. We had a plow come through a couple of hours ago, and the road is already covered again. Been hearing multiple sirens throughout the afternoon, sadly as predicted. Hope everyone's ok out there.

1 hour ago, RedSky said:

Expectations 4-6" with 3.5" as the cold concrete floor

I blame the +8F or whatever Atlantic for this disaster

After all of these years you know that modeled accumuations are usuaslly above most projections regarding total snowfall after melting. Did you realy thnk 4-6 was realistic? 

6 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

Our roads have completely caved. We had a plow come through a couple of hours ago, and the road is already covered again. Been hearing multiple sirens throughout the afternoon, sadly as predicted. Hope everyone's ok out there.

Multiple disabled vehicles stuck out this way.

1 minute ago, wkd said:

After all of these years you know that modeled accumuations are usuaslly above most projections regarding total snowfall after melting. Did you realy thnk 4-6 was realistic? 

I know the model blender and snow depth projections under play amounts in 90% of outcomes