• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 6-7 Winter Storm

2 minutes ago, anthonyweather said:

All Oz runs tonight so far are consistently painting 8 to 10 inches in the Lehigh Valley. It’s been a long time since I remember seeing good trends leading right up into the storm.

Yeah you guys look gold up there. The marginal spots before are even more marginal now. That frontogenic 700mb lift band should be telling!

• Like 1

my eyes are all focused on the Tuesday/Wed storm. To hell with a 6-8+ in  snow event tomorrow that will be all gone by Tuesday evening. Flooding is going to be a huge problem  with down trees from the 30+ mph winds  everywhere and power outages. Sump pumps will be going full board. MT Holly has been very concerned as well. The old timers know this is a perfect setup for localized flooding of basements. I see  Easton possibly being flooded by the Delaware as the major rivers in our area hit flood stage. The Little Lehigh and Perkiomen will be be flooding and dozens roads will be unpassable. Do not know if it will be as bad as 1996  but it will be bad believe me.  I am really surprised that no one is really discussing it, but it has the potential of being devastating for our area for flood damage. I having serious concerns that a potential of 15+ inches of precipitable water in the LV in the course of three weeks is not being more discussed in this forum. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

my eyes are all focused on the Tuesday/Wed storm. To hell with a 6-8+ in  snow event tomorrow that will be all gone by Tuesday evening. Flooding is going to be a huge problem  with down trees from the 30+ mph winds  everywhere and power outages. Sump pumps will be going full board. MT Holly has been very concerned as well. The old timers know this is a perfect setup for localized flooding of basements. I see  Easton possibly being flooded by the Delaware as the major rivers in our area hit flood stage. The Little Lehigh and Perkiomen will be be flooding and dozens roads will be unpassable. Do not know if it will be as bad as 1996  but it will be bad believe me.  I am really surprised that no one is really discussing it, but it has the potential of being devastating for our area for flood damage. I having serious concerns that a potential of 15+ inches of precipitable water in the LV in the course of three weeks is not being more discussed in this forum. 

image.jpeg.a407097140fc1f557034a7452c898777.jpeg

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

my eyes are all focused on the Tuesday/Wed storm. To hell with a 6-8+ in  snow event tomorrow that will be all gone by Tuesday evening. Flooding is going to be a huge problem  with down trees from the 30+ mph winds  everywhere and power outages. Sump pumps will be going full board. MT Holly has been very concerned as well. The old timers know this is a perfect setup for localized flooding of basements. I see  Easton possibly being flooded by the Delaware as the major rivers in our area hit flood stage. The Little Lehigh and Perkiomen will be be flooding and dozens roads will be unpassable. Do not know if it will be as bad as 1996  but it will be bad believe me.  I am really surprised that no one is really discussing it, but it has the potential of being devastating for our area for flood damage. I having serious concerns that a potential of 15+ inches of precipitable water in the LV in the course of three weeks is not being -more discussed in this forum. -

Yea very concerned ditto!!  River flooding will be an issue along the Delaware with 8-10" up north with placing 2-4" on top of that we will have the usual suspect streams and also rivers probably with moderate to major flooding.  

I think your 30 mph winds are too weak guess hence you said 30+ mph.  

I can see winds SSE 25-45 with gusts to 60-65 mph down trees power outages pretty high!

Blizzards for the mid-west Chicago Iowa and eventually into the Ohio Valley Elkhart IN area in time.

Great news for us laying down feet of snow in our cold source regions to our west that should help set up the east coast in about two weeks I would think. 

29 minutes ago, LVblizzard said:

0z CMC hot off the press says we'll be doing this again in a week.

3.png

The GFS and the Candian are adverting a WILD weather pattern I mean wow for the Chicago area 969 mb wow!  Get that energy to the Atlantic please.  I think we may be stepping that way in time.  That Canadian there God that reminds me of February 1983!

Pattern coming up Mother of God!

6 hours ago, anthonyweather said:

All Oz runs tonight so far are consistently painting 8 to 10 inches in the Lehigh Valley. It’s been a long time since I remember seeing good trends leading right up into the storm.

Hopefully it's a precursor for the rest of this winter's storms. Far to often, in the past, the trends were the opposite. 

Western Chesco and Montgomery added to WWA

PAZ101-103-062200-
/O.EXA.KPHI.WW.Y.0001.240106T1800Z-240107T1100Z/
Western Chester-Western Montgomery-
Including the cities of Honey Brook, Oxford, Collegeville,
and Pottstown
316 AM EST Sat Jan 6 2024

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO
6 AM EST SUNDAY...

* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 4
  inches.

* WHERE...Western Chester and Western Montgomery.

* WHEN...From 1 PM this afternoon to 6 AM EST Sunday.

* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions.

1 hour ago, ChescoWx said:
Western Chesco and Montgomery added to WWA

PAZ101-103-062200-
/O.EXA.KPHI.WW.Y.0001.240106T1800Z-240107T1100Z/
Western Chester-Western Montgomery-
Including the cities of Honey Brook, Oxford, Collegeville,
and Pottstown
316 AM EST Sat Jan 6 2024

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO
6 AM EST SUNDAY...

* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 4
  inches.

* WHERE...Western Chester and Western Montgomery.

* WHEN...From 1 PM this afternoon to 6 AM EST Sunday.

* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions.

The hedging... RGEM gives 2-4" basically into central Delaware County now and Euro ticked colder nowcast written all over it.  If these models are off by 3-4 degrees things change drastically right on the other side of 95 and 476 it has happened before. 

Currently I have 24 Channel 10 had me at 30 at 7:00 am umm I don't think so.  This 6-degree difference could come in handy in 7-9 hours.  I have a 17 dewpoint too with a NE wind at 4.

13 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

The hedging... RGEM gives 2-4" basically into central Delaware County now and Euro ticked colder nowcast written all over it.  If these models are off by 3-4 degrees things change drastically right on the other side of 95 and 476 it has happened before. 

Currently I have 24 Channel 10 had me at 30 at 7:00 am umm I don't think so.  This 6-degree difference could come in handy in 7-9 hours.  I have a 17 dewpoint too with a NE wind at 4.

I'm north of you and am at 28 with dp 24.  I actually bottomed out at 23 at about 2:15 am this morning and the temp/dp has been creeping up ever since.