• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring first regional significant winter impact event. Magnitude likely tempered. At this time NE PA/SE NY and SNE primarily. Jan 7/8.

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Certainly has 

Will that be the last trend lol 

or will it be congrats PiT 2 

Good question, SLP track looks to become clearer, But when the 2nd s/w captures it i think is still the wild card.

• Like 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Like the stronger intensification. 

Def showed potential for some nice bands regenerating Sunday in eastern areas. 

I love my old stomping ground in this event…Winter hill in ORH with that elevation and east exposure is gonna clean up with the easterly flow in the BL above the surface. 

But I think even here should do quite well with easterly flow. Just wish I had a bit more than 350-400 feet of elevation to help. Could be some CF enhancement for a time on Sunday too as that temp gradient tightens before collapsing SE....esp up by Ray 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Good question, SLP track looks to become clearer, But when the 2nd s/w captures it i think is still the wild card.

Very much so, needed the models to do what they have done so far to bring back the double digit threat but we shall see if it holds , strengthens , slides east or what 

I will go with Plymouth to Newport to Groton sharp cutoff, coastal CT will see a lot more falling snow than measured snow on ground, like 2" reports after perceived 5-8" falls, and even north to BOS there will be snow stickage issues, will guess 5.5" BOS storm reported total, but expect reports of 8-12" not far away, storm jacks 15"-18" near (n-n.e. of) Worcester possibly almost to Nashua, Tolland 9", 40/70 13". 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Def showed potential for some nice bands regenerating Sunday in eastern areas. 

I love my old stomping ground in this event…Winter hill in ORH with that elevation and east exposure is gonna clean up with the easterly flow in the BL above the surface. 

But I think even here should do quite well with easterly flow. Just wish I had a bit more than 350-400 feet of elevation to help. Could be some CF enhancement for a time on Sunday too as that temp gradient tightens before collapsing SE....esp up by Ray 

I guess we'll let Ray have this one. :) 

1 minute ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Most guidance has a decent thump for all at least Saturday night.. Take what we can get.. Hopefully someone can cash in with Part 2..

That’s the snow especially down there. Hopefully it rocks. I like a Euro/GFS/HREF compromise right now. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I don’t have a jack fetish . Never have . I only have 2 wx fetishes . Wet pasty snow and damage. Should see plenty of both over the next 5-6 days 

Nobody should have one, How often does it happen? Not very really for one person, We all want the most snow we can get but if someone gets 1-2" more thats great.

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Nobody should have one, How often does it happen? Not very really for one person, We all want the most snow we can get but if someone gets 1-2" more thats great.

Some in NEMA get angry if you get 18 and they get 13.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3