• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring first regional significant winter impact event. Magnitude likely tempered. At this time NE PA/SE NY and SNE primarily. Jan 7/8.

Typhoon Tip

4 minutes ago, dmcginvt said:

Frost Lush, they call everything a variation of Lush.  I love them all.  Im an alcoholic who loves the weather, and gets especially drunk when a storm comes.  Im old and dont care.  I have lurked for years and sort of know you all.  But I am NNE so mainly lurk there, but I lived in Mass and Philly so I visit places.   

I salute you 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

So I feel like we’re getting some data shadowing on that second S/W as it approaches the West Coast where there is a ridge axis. Models may have trouble resolving that feature until it passes through the NVA,  until tomorrow afternoon or night.

Interesting. As we drip over each model run, we tend to forget how a nuance here or there can make a difference downstream. Snow is fickle.’

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Interesting. As we drip over each model run, we tend to forget how a nuance here or there can make a difference downstream. Snow is fickle.’

It seems like for the last couple years , most systems have been very complex with moving parts , phasing and or BL issues 

less 3-6/ 4-8 inch storms that sort of traverse a larger area in a steady form and can be more or less extrapolated E or NE to our area where temps are sitting in the 20’s

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Solid 8-12” pike south with some late ccb enhancement lolis for semaatt.

Just now, WinterWolf said:

That’s a great storm right there…I’m very happy with 8-12”.  

We like tonight’s action 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dmcginvt said:

Frost Lush, they call everything a variation of Lush.  I love them all.  Im an alcoholic who loves the weather, and gets especially drunk when a storm comes.  Im old and dont care.  I have lurked for years and sort of know you all.  But I am NNE so mainly lurk there, but I lived in Mass and Philly so I visit places.   

I 100% recognize your sn. 

• Like 1

Good news for S of pike crew with 0z runs so far . Gfs was a little better version of nam as it got CCB back into about Pike 

I honestly just wanna see this thing develop decent mid levels and crank somewhere Sunday afternoon and not just slip out Sunday brunch after part 1 does who knows what