Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 Banter

George BM

5 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Backstory.  I'm a huge Superman (Chris Reeves, I'm old) fan.  Andy and Katie know I hate Superman 3 and 4 with a deep unreasonable passion, especially the 4th.   Every time it comes on TV, a little bit of me dies inside.

It’s done out of love. And that I’m a complete asshole

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Backstory.  I'm a huge Superman (Chris Reeves, I'm old) fan.  Andy and Katie know I hate Superman 3 and 4 with a deep unreasonable passion, especially the 4th.   Every time it comes on TV, a little bit of me dies inside.

oh man I forgot about Superman 4, def #2 in the bunch. No idea how you dislike them so much. 1 and 2 have nothing on them. 

1 minute ago, North Balti Zen said:

The brilliance of Superman IV is unsurpassed. People simply refer to at as "the IV" and the room goes silent as the genius of the work is considered...

It is cinema veritae. A classic in the same way Citizen Kane and Gone With the Wind and Godfather are classics. 

I’ve often heard how Spielberg used it for inspiration when making movies and we know how good he is

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mappy said:

oh man I forgot about Superman 4, def #2 in the bunch. No idea how you dislike them so much. 1 and 2 have nothing on them. 

5 minutes ago, H2O said:

Nuclear man>>>>>>General Zod

4 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

The brilliance of Superman IV is unsurpassed. People simply refer to at as "the IV" and the room goes silent as the genius of the work is considered...

I don't think I've ever banned 3 people in one day

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Interstate said:

Isn't Superman 3 with Richard Pryor?

<shudders>.  Yes.   The only good thing in that movie was the junkyard fight.   I remember going to the drive in (yes, again, I'm old af) with my dad.  And even as a 9 year old, I knew something was just off.  It was like nobody's heart was in it anymore.  And the stupid director, Richard Lester, who used to direct slapstick comedy fucked it up.   The beginning title sequence was just pure shit and as I grew up, it got worse and worse.  It was traumatic for me.  

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

<shudders>.  Yes.   The only good thing in that movie was the junkyard fight.   I remember going to the drive in (yes, again, I'm old af) with my dad.  And even as a 9 year old, I knew something was just off.  It was like nobody's heart was in it anymore.  And the stupid director, Richard Lester, who used to direct slapstick comedy fucked it up.   The beginning title sequence was just pure shit and as I grew up, it got worse and worse.  It was traumatic for me.  

The moon scene in Superman 2 always creeps me out too.

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

The REAL reason you hate that movie is when Superman is drinking and he's got a Johnny Walker red label bottle

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Interstate said:

The moon scene in Superman 2 always creeps me out too.

When Ursa, Non and General Zod appear on the scene?

4 minutes ago, H2O said:

The REAL reason you hate that movie is when Superman is drinking and he's got a Johnny Walker red label bottle

I mean, you're not wrong.  Out of all the scotch, they used JW Red.  smh

5 hours ago, mappy said:

man, I have covid. So, it's even worse as I am stuck in a damn room. Got up, made coffee, measured, back to the bedroom. At least the kiddo gets a snow day. 

So sorry to hear that. My wife is just getting over it and it was a pretty painful week. Feel better fast. 

• Thanks 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic