Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 Banter

George BM

2 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

map - please convene the council of board elders so they may entertain the motion from the floor...

I am trying to think of who may have called NE MD a snowy area. There's a long running joke about NE MD PUMMELED, because it never is lol 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mappy said:

I am trying to think of who may have called NE MD a snowy area. There's a long running joke about NE MD PUMMELED, because it never is lol 

I am sorry mappy - the floor is not open for discussion yet - but I am sure the chair will entertain discussion of how it is really NE MD PUMMELED as it considers the motion...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

I am sorry mappy - the floor is not open for discussion yet - but I am sure the chair will entertain discussion of how it is really NE MD PUMMELED as it considers the motion...

The delegation from CARBONDALE would like to speak for 2 min

• Haha 1

Alright my math teacher is making me get up in front of the class and present about the weekend storm, anyone have any idea on what to say because all I got right now is that there are currently 3 scenarios (strong storm but too warm EURO/ICON, strong storm and cold RGEM/CMC, weak and cold/weak and warm GFS/NAM) and there no way to know which one will happen. I have till 11:08 to prepare my statement... 

2 minutes ago, Wxtrix said:

i move that everyone is henceforth required to use the description “Mason-Dixon Line” when discussing the snowier areas north and west of the cities.

Oooooooo. I can't wait to second that when the motion is made during new business. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

Alright my math teacher is making me get up in front of the class and present about the weekend storm, anyone have any idea on what to say because all I got right now is that there are currently 3 scenarios (strong storm but too warm EURO/ICON, strong storm and cold RGEM/CMC, weak and cold/weak and warm GFS/NAM) and there no way to know which one will happen. I have till 11:08 to prepare my statement... 

Tell them snow hope, like life, is most often filled with bitter disappointment. Your teacher will get it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

"I'll tell you more on Friday"

One life lesson: "I don't know" is a perfectly valid answer to many questions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

did she ask us to write it, or you?

6 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

"The more you care, the more the world finds ways to hurt you for it"

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a person insane. ... We blind ourselves to the truth, because we are weak, because we hope. But there is no hope for snow. Ever.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

“This great evil, where's it come from? How'd it steal into the world? What seed, what root did it grow from? Who's doing this? Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we might've known? Does our ruin benefit the earth, does it help the grass to grow, the sun to shine? Is this darkness in you, too?"

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

Tell them the closer we get to the storm the less the uncertainty, and the curve on a graph takes on the look of a reciprocal function.  And the overall happiness meter after each model run during the winter (theta = 90 degrees = 6z increments) is the output of the function y=sin(theta).

18 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

“There’s not going to be a snow day Monday”

boom done

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This kind of reminds of a storm in February, 2005.  We were all wondering if it would be rain or snow and it rolled in as snow.  Ji was so happy because the precip hit a wall just northeast of his house and dumped for a few hours until the precip finally saturated north of there.  It was in and out in a hurry but it was a quick 6" of snow.

Hopefully this one is a similar outcome.

This was posted I forget by who in the storm thread -

Its a 3-5/4-8 type thumper. We havent had one of those for a while. I am looking forward to it. 

For damn sure. Been a LONG between drinks of water, and especially water of this type. Would be great to really get on the board with something along these lines. 

3 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

For those of you that want to nailbite even more about elevation - this is the Maryland LiDAR viewer

https://geodata.md.gov/topoviewer/

Cool tool if nothing else - REALLY high-res data there. I think @mappy might have been the one to post it a long while ago. For map geeks, can get lost for hours in just scrolling around. 

I just zoomed in to the roof of my house and it's 508'.

:)

3 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I just zoomed in to the roof of my house and it's 508'.

:)

Let's get together and build a 5000ft tower for snow obs. We can take slant stick measurements from the top for our official obs. 

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic