Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 General Discussion

Chambana

1 hour ago, Malacka11 said:

Crazy how 23° feels like 65° after having to wear my dad's old army-issued snow onesie that I finessed years ago on dog walks the last few days

Ditto. Wait until next week for the right on time mid winter thaw. Although, muted as previously advertised. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sethtoast said:

Some pics from the Houghton area today - I'll edit with more as times goes on. It's a lot prettier than my cheapo android camera and the 2 MB forum file size (Seriously, is it still 2003 in here?) can capture. 

IMG_20240118_151527623-min (1).jpg

20240118_090418-min (1).jpg

IMG_20240118_150854314-min.jpg

Awesome pics! I do wish we could post any size pic. I got some nice 4K proraw photos I’d love to post but they range 25-45mb. Max package you can post 20mb lol

1 hour ago, SolidIcewx said:

Awesome pics! I do wish we could post any size pic. I got some nice 4K proraw photos I’d love to post but they range 25-45mb. Max package you can post 20mb lol

I do so much on my phone that I don't post pictures much anymore do to the limitation.  I don't have time to edit everything every time!!!

West flow has kept things pretty quiet around here with just some flurries and light snow at times.  WWA issued tonight and Friday for up to 8 inches locally, some models indicate quite a bit more but we'll see.  With LE there's always surprises.

Lowest temp here at the house during this cold spell was -14 Tuesday morning.  The coldest daytime high was 3 degrees, same day.

8 hours ago, SolidIcewx said:

I put big pics into Paint, then resize. Then save as gif to reduce from MB to KB. Look just fine when I post them here. Same with NWS story boards, that are many times 1-2 MB png.

• Thanks 1

On 1/19/2024 at 12:18 AM, Brian D said:

I put big pics into Paint, then resize. Then save as gif to reduce from MB to KB. Look just fine when I post them here. Same with NWS story boards, that are many times 1-2 MB png.

This is the knowledge I've been searching for for years. Thanks king

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

-6 overnight, one more cold day to go. Pond Hockey Tournament is in full swing today. The neighborhood is already getting busy with spectators. There’s always a few former NHL players that partake. 

Neighbor builds a backyard ice rink every winter. Some winters are better skating than others obviously, but they had a skating party last night.

Screenshot_20240120_132357_Gallery.jpg

• Like 9

It's been a pleasant stretch of wintry weather recently. Nothing crazy, but the glacier on the ground is nice, and it's been refreshed frequently with light snows or at least snow that gets blown around. It sure beats some recent winters.

14 minutes ago, sethtoast said:

Absolutely gorgeous past couple of days in the Keeweenaw. Blue skies and snowy trees are a rarity even up here (the former is the real challenge to capture).

Bonus High Resolution Images - https://imgur.com/gallery/1bV8ocV

(Some photos are not mine. I didn't have the reaction time to get the C-130 that snuck up on us)

IMG_0434-min.jpg

IMG_1541-min.jpg

IMG_0429-1.jpg

Omg that first pic!:wub: