• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

Look at difference between euro and gfs with the ridge. GFS’s poleward ridge would actually result in shortwaves diving SE towards NE which would mute any warm up in early Feb. it’s probably wrong though….

Regardless, Im personally jacked up for 2nd half of Feb into first week of March. I’ll die on that cliff

8b8ae4c6d8d3add1098056f0114fd306.jpg
e85bdf50a7fcb9f21f479144412913fe.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Heisy said:

Look at difference between euro and gfs with the ridge. GFS’s poleward ridge would actually result in shortwaves diving SE towards NE which would mute any warm up in early Feb. it’s probably wrong though….

Regardless, Im personally jacked up for 2nd half of Feb into first week of March. I’ll die on that cliff

8b8ae4c6d8d3add1098056f0114fd306.jpg
e85bdf50a7fcb9f21f479144412913fe.jpg

This doesn't look like a close the shades pattern

• Weenie 1

17 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

But I’m the one 5 posted?  SMH

I actually advocated for you, as much as we disagree. I think if you focus on adding more substance to your posts as opposed to just posting a slew of long range positive temp anomaly maps, then you may get another crack at escaping 5PPD. Not meant as an insult, either.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Textbook se Mass special. Toss 

Yes we toss, it will keep ticking north. 10-20 miles each run, at first the north ticks will be a good thing, but eventually we will want it to stop and it will keep going. Before you know it, I’m east of the low. There is no way in hell Barnstable is getting near a foot.

• Weenie 2

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It gone 

Yeah 2-3 inches won’t survive even if we wedge in the 37-42 degree range. I think areas deeper inland with 4-6” have a decent chance of keeping it if we stay wedged though and don’t torch 50s/60s.

But it may not be gone long if Sunday pans out. 

Did you see the GFS continuing the model war? Lol…literally opposite of EPS. Even the GEFS are trending toward those OP runs. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah 2-3 inches won’t survive even if we wedge in the 37-42 degree range. I think areas deeper inland with 4-6” have a decent chance of keeping it if we stay wedged though and don’t torch 50s/60s.

Did you see the GFS continuing the model war? Lol…literally opposite of EPS. Even the GEFS are trending toward those OP runs. 

Lots of ice in it. It may 

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Boy we pray we made the American Model great again. That’s such a huge change. EPS did trend colder in the 6-10 day but warmed up after. 

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Lots of ice in it. It may 

The problem is when pack depth is too thin, it’s a lot easier to warm it up, even when it’s a lot of ice. You start getting dark leaves, grass blades, twigs and other things that protrude out of it which really accelerates it. Hopefully we build an actual deep pack for a few weeks at some point, but I’m just hoping for a couple big dogs at this point. 

This recent stretch has been nice with snow OTG. Today was the first time since 1/14 I hit freezing. 

• Like 2