Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

32 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Look at that hole of nothing of eastern and central mass and RI. This place will erupt if that comes close to verifying 

Take a deep breath…everybody in the game still. Nobody wants to be in Bullseye at 5+ days out , and 7 days out.  Yesterday you had January written off…so try and keep an open mind. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I don’t hate that for 8 days out either. 

Yes.  I’m just glad that we’re seeing activity with decent cold around.  We haven’t seen that in a very long time.  All of this is gonna trend a lot going forward…we’re tracking possible snow for the area, and that’s enough for the moment. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jbenedet said:

The 7th one is all but completely off the table.

Even if the track somehow takes it north to our region, which is unlikely in and of itself, it will be flooded with tropical pacific air. Rain. Careful what you wish for.

You guys…SMH

:arrowhead:

IMG_0497.png

It only took a half day for this to not age well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'd wait for the EPS....this  could easily miss. One OP EURO at day 7.

It goes beyond that though.  Sure these could miss, but he was saying that verbatim this afternoon, that the 7th was bringing pacific air with it??  When the modeling was actually showing a potent high to the north, and the storm was tapping that.  There was no pacific air with it on the modeling.  That’s the bigger point. He wasn’t reading the modeling correctly. Or he was just ignoring what the modeling had. 

Just now, WinterWolf said:

It goes beyond that though.  Sure these could miss, but he was saying that verbatim this afternoon, that the 7th was bringing pacific air with it??  When the modeling was actually showing a potent high to the north, and the storm was tapping that.  There was no pacific air with it on the modeling.  That’s the bigger point. He wasn’t reading the modeling correctly. Or he was just ignoring what the modeling had. 

I just meant the OTS part....he must be trolling on the rain part.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I just meant the OTS part....he must be trolling on the rain part.

Oh ya..I agree these/this could miss.  But Will was even trying to tell him he couldn’t figure out what he was looking at lol. Pope was saying if it comes up here it’s rain anyway, and Will was like, no, it would be snow well down into the mid Atlantic with that high pressure there. It was comical as it was so silly. 

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Oh ya..I agree these/this could miss.  But Will was even trying to tell him he couldn’t figure out what he was looking at lol. Pope was saying if it comes up here it’s rain anyway, and Will was like, no, it would be snow well down into the mid Atlantic with that high pressure there. It was comical as it was so silly. 

Yea, I think he was trolling.

• Like 2

It's probably no coincidence but just as this improved look to models began, the warmest Pacific air started to move north through my part of the world instead of east into the prairies. That opens up the arctic where legitimate cold is starting to develop finally, and it has a chance to replace the Pacific flow at least over the northern half of the lower 48 (east of the Rockies). So while the details remain subject to ebb and flow, I believe the pattern is improving steadily and can support a return to winter in the east. Once it starts it could lock in for a while, pattern changes have been slow for a while now, and it would be fair play to see a long-duration cold spell replace what has been about four or five weeks of mild weather based on dominant Pacific flows.  

• Like 1