Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2023-2024 OBS/Discussion

The Iceman

4 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

Ukie kind of looks like it think we are on to the short range dynamical models now. Euro and Ukie cannot be discounted. 

If things started falling in line with what the EURO showed I wouldn't look at a single model again until December :D

19 minutes ago, RedSky said:

The ICON trying for redemption this Saturday with 2-4"

* make that 3-5"

One of my nieces has an 18th birthday this weekend (Sunday) and she wanted to do a restaurant out in KOP on Saturday.  Was hoping to squeak by without precip. although my BIL is gonna drive (I'm not about to get lost out there :P).

My lowest bottom out this morning was 32.2 at around 7:15 am, the storm has pivoted past me now, and I'm down to flurries.  Gonna go out and get the last measurement before it melts/compacts more.

Currently have flurries and it's 33 with dp 33.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RedSky said:

No rest for the weary weenies GFS has a 1-3" refresher clipper on Saturday 

Another good week of winter to match January's can it be?

At this point, refresher? There's won't be anything to refresh by (if?) Saturday.

Went out just to shovel (3" at this point) the public sidewalk so the township doesn't give me a citation. And damn, if I shut my eyes I would think it's raining from the rooftops around me melting and running down the gutters. Plenty of green under trees and bushes as well...

trees.jpg

I'll take a nice 2" light overnight fall.

We watch around the 23rd-25th time.  Same set up as the last few storms.  6Z GFS cuts it right through the middle of the state. Euro slides it off the Cape May coast. CMC wants to take it down to the VA/NC border.  

False Spring arrives afterward, and I am cool with that.  What happened to these long range ensembles saying it was going to be cold? 

We have had some off and on light snow flurries this morning across the area and in fact are seeing some now here in East Nantmeal. The sun will return today and while we will be below average with temps not too far above freezing we will see some good snow melt with the increasing sun angle. Cloudier tomorrow with a couple clipper type systems the first one tomorrow night and another toward Saturday AM. The first one may bring a coating of snow while the second one on Saturday could bring a small accumulation of snow especially to more southern areas. Temps will remain below normal through the weekend.
Records for today: High 63 (1949) / Low 4 below (1979) / Precipitation 1.25" (2007) / Snow 10.0" (1899)
image.png.230922d0587f193a7cbba6181d97aa6f.png