• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Winter 2023-2024 OBS/Discussion

The Iceman

What a buzz kill of model runs over the past 24 hours.  We can't even do this storm right the rain has stopped, and it is out of here total rain 0.77".  Channel 10 had Media at like 2.30"???

Wind 45-55 LOL right strongest gust I had was 22 mph.  I guess the wind this time is behind the storm.

One thing that was not wrong we hit 60 now it is down to 57 so the steady decline has begun.

Honestly stepped out a few minutes ago feels like a late May morning very very humid.

Today the models get with it in regard to snow next week.  The storm to our west is leaving stage left.  

The cold air change is going to take like 2 days SSW flow then SW Flow then WSW to West then NW in other words the cold is taking the long way maybe the same can be said for our storm hiding behind the cold front that is to come.

I am sure there will be some inverted trough that will save some here!

Okay back to sleep and my dreams of inverted troughs and storms that don't exist yet.

• Like 1

even though the squall Sunday is not a true  clipper, it maybe enough to break the  crappy pattern ushering in the arctic air with a strong cold front , even for a week. The models are coming back with the snow this morning for Tuesday too. Not a foot but a moderate snowfall I expect 2-4 or 4-6 would be in line. The best part of all this, we get snow on the ground for longer than 3 days and lows near the single digits Now thats winter too me.  I said around the third week? So I am off a few days. I said this a month ago. We take

• Weenie 1

We picked up a total rain of 0.94" in East Nantmeal with 0.42" falling since midnight. A cold front is crossing the area this AM and temperatures will be falling through the day. Another cold front sweeps across the area tomorrow and we could see some snow flurries or squall with that and temps will again fall tomorrow PM with temperatures falling through the 20's and into the teens by 8pm. Once temps fall below freezing tomorrow they will stay there for at least an entire week. We will have a few potential light snow events this week with the first one later Monday night into Tuesday morning. The next chance comes in during the day on Friday.
Records for today: High 68 (1932) / Low 11 below zero (1912) / Rain 1.34" (1978) / Snow 6.0" (1964)

image.png

56 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

even though the squall Sunday is not a true  clipper, it maybe enough to break the  crappy pattern ushering in the arctic air with a strong cold front , even for a week. The models are coming back with the snow this morning for Tuesday too. Not a foot but a moderate snowfall I expect 2-4 or 4-6 would be in line. The best part of all this, we get snow on the ground for longer than 3 days and lows near the single digits Now thats winter too me.  I said around the third week? So I am off a few days. I said this a month ago. We take

Don't count your chips just yet. Things are falling apart this week then the week you targeted looks well AN with a pattern relax. I mean, anyone can say they think the 3rd week of July will be hot with thunderstorms and probably be close too. Not a personal knock but you can't cherry pick a squall line to try and justify it as a clipper a week early. Not really the way it works. But let's see how the week plays out. Any snow, we take. I don't care who called it or how we get there tbh.

This upcoming week will be our coldest week so far this decade and in the last 6 years. When the temperature drops below freezing tomorrow afternoon we should see temperatures stay below freezing for at least 7 days. The last time we had a stretch as long as that was the 14 straight days from December 26, 2017 through January 8, 2018. So it's time to lace up those skates to use on the numerous ponds in the area.

Just when I though things were done earlier this morning when the sun came out, it clouded over again and I got an additional 0.06" of rain from a band that came through the past couple hours.  That brings the total to 0.59" for the day (0.96" 2-day total).

My high ended up being 58 just after 6 this morning and it's down to 48 and clearing, with some sun, and dp 40.

• Like 1