Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

25 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Snow reported in Norristown just West of Philly.  Crazy. 

the way the snow sometimes skips over hundreds of miles where its dry then boom a place that has a lower dp gets snow its like huh what. for me it rained with wet snow for about 20 minutes then stopped. 

40 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

We should wait till it occurs. Especially since people in Pittsburgh are saying it's an overachiever for them

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

It’s a pretty narrow band, it just happens to be going right through the city. Places west of the city into eastern Ohio have 6-10”. Outside of the mega band, I think we are looking at more like a widespread 2-4”. 

1 hour ago, mitchnick said:

Psu going into his typical attack mode when his forecast looks to fail. Why he picks on Chuck is disturbing considering what I know he knows about him. Plus, though off the wall, Chuck has proved he knows his stuff.

If you’re going to reference my post please quote or link it so people can see for themselves. You’re misrepresenting what my exchange with chuck was about. 

He criticized the NWS not my forecast. The NWS went higher than me. But I felt his attack was unfair.   He made several inaccurate statements. He was trying to make a case they had no justification for their high snowfall forecasts and denied models are trending lower with qpf.

The NWS made those forecasts this morning based on 12z data that at the time was averaging around .5qpf and trending upward.  It’s not fair to use information that came out after they made those forecasts to call them unjustified.  He also inexplicably twice claimed guidance never showed more qpf then when I called him out and showed the trends he blew it off and switched to other arguments. 

Chuck can be brilliant. He can also be infuriating at times. And just because he has issues doesn’t mean he gets to attack someone with misrepresentation or flat out lies and not get called out.  

Lastly we go back and forth a lot. We have a rapport in the other forum.  We often argue but it’s not hostile. I respect him but in this case he was wrong and misrepresenting things in a way unfair to NWS. 

8 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

If you’re going to reference my post please quote or link it so people can see for themselves. You’re misrepresenting what my exchange with chuck was about. 

He criticized the NWS not my forecast. The NWS went higher than me. But I felt his attack was unfair.   He made several inaccurate statements. He was trying to make a case they had no justification for their high snowfall forecasts and denied models are trending lower with qpf.

The NWS made those forecasts this morning based on 12z data that at the time was averaging around .5qpf and trending upward.  It’s not fair to use information that came out after they made those forecasts to call them unjustified.  He also inexplicably twice claimed guidance never showed more qpf then when I called him out and showed the trends he blew it off and switched to other arguments. 

Chuck can be brilliant. He can also be infuriating at times. And just because he has issues doesn’t mean he gets to attack someone with misrepresentation or flat out lies and not get called out.  

Lastly we go back and forth a lot. We have a rapport in the other forum.  We often argue but it’s not hostile. I respect him but in this case he was wrong and misrepresenting things in a way unfair to NWS. 

I stand by what I said. Don't waste your time. 

8 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

The trends are what they are but the storm had been over performing in many locations to our west. And I’ve noted several times over the years when guidance pulled this drying up thing right at the last minute and it was wrong. We will know real soon. 

On a majority of guidance, there has been a North trend the last 6-12 hours pushing the better forcing and banding from the southern areas of the LSV up to Harrisburg and above.  That has been a big topic of discussion.  Agreed, the models drying out even further the last 3-4 hours should not change forecasts this late.  Let the chips fall as they may.

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

@Chris78 the fact that it has been raining and now snowing here for over an hour, and you just stated flurries, really points to some dry air and the sharp cut off to that first waa like shield that came through.  It is still 34 here.

I don't think I had any rain prior to the flurries starting in the last 15 minutes.

Deck was dry