• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

Winds have been gusting into the 20's from the northwest this morning. We should see sun for much of the day before clouds increase this afternoon. Snow will develop from west to east across the county toward the midnight hour tonight. The snow should end near daybreak with a general 2" to 5" forecast across the area. Sun returns for the rest of the weekend with temps not too far from normal levels with highs in the upper 30's.
Chester County Records for today: High 75 Phoenixville (1954) / Low -2.8 below Glenmoore & East Nantmeal (2015) / Precipitation 1.53" Chester Springs (2016) / Snow 17" West Chester (1958)
image.png.ec374a42fd26dca10d2513d47054ba5b.png
  • Like 1

Low of 32 here with a nasty gust front overnight that woke me from my slumber.  Looks like LNS had a wind gust of 46mph.  Love seeing the models ramp up a bit as we approach game time.  This seems like a pretty straight forward event with not a lot of twists to it.  We should all wake up to a beautiful scene on Saturday.  National high of 84 at Miles City, FL and low of -16 at Cut Bank, MT (I like that name).

I'm debating whether to put .01" in the books from yesterday.  My auto gauge measured .02" but almost certain that was just a bit of residual snow melt.  The manual gauge is frozen but looks to maaaaybe have .01" in it if I squint.  Did anyone else get anything measurable yesterday or through the overnight?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Low of 32 here with a nasty gust front overnight that woke me from my slumber.  Looks like LNS had a wind gust of 46mph.  Love seeing the models ramp up a bit as we approach game time.  This seems like a pretty straight forward event with not a lot of twists to it.  We should all wake up to a beautiful scene on Saturday.  National high of 84 at Miles City, FL and low of -16 at Cut Bank, MT (I like that name).

I'm debating whether to put .01" in the books from yesterday.  My auto gauge measured .02" but almost certain that was just a bit of residual snow melt.  The manual gauge is frozen but looks to maaaaybe have .01" in it if I squint.  Did anyone else get anything measurable yesterday or through the overnight?

I was in Cut Bank on my cross country odyssey last May. Why? Because I love the name!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

HRRR is in and out fast.  Snow over by 4Am for most of the LSV and just some like CCB like snow to the north at this point.  Accums done for the most part.  Lower near MD due to that gap delaying start of the snow. 

Capture.JPG

Little too far for my liking, but still 4" imby.