Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I have a couple of trees lining my driveway - there is nothing but wet pavement under and around those trees. I only have 50% coverage on my driveway even though the road is 100% covered. 

I was going to wait for lunch to shovel but it would have been all gone so I got my workout in this AM.  It was heavy but stuck together nicely which helped. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GrandmasterB said:

Starting to wind down. Just a shade under 6” total. What a great morning! Waking up at 4am was well worth it.

Just stopped completely. Honestly, I finished with between 5.9" and 6". Just a hair under 6". No slant-sticking for me. :) (you and I it sounds like ended up with exactly the same amount) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mitchnick said:

12z Nam offering a new twist to the weekend not on other modeling...Gulf of Mexico connection?

ref1km_ptype.conus (3).png

lol or ninjad ??  Just posted the same thought regarding saturday potential.  it has a shot based on flow/pattern etc.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

GFS too north, EC 0Z too South for the Icon Sat snowstorm.  At least a possible tracking event this week.    A shallow trough promoting it.    84 hour Nam looked interesting as well. 

I’m intrigued by it. The first northern branch system goes north of PA Thursday, reinforcing some decent cold to be in place for the Saturday wave and it will already be a good bit colder this week in the wake of today’s system. Despite it being much colder, the low track north of PA with Thursday’s system will drive a brief surge of warmer surface temps (upper 30s-low 40s) that would likely be mostly light rain at lower elevations prior to frontal passage. 

Today’s system had a bit of a front running wave Sunday that might have had a hand in setting the boundary further south that the main wave ended up running on. So the Thurs wave evolution is going to have to be watched to see how it sets things up for Saturday, among other things like timing of both these features and  jet stream interaction. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

I’m intrigued by it. The first northern branch system goes north of PA Thursday, reinforcing some decent cold to be in place for the Saturday wave and it will already be a good bit colder this week in the wake of today’s system. Despite it being much colder, the low track north of PA with Thursday’s system will drive a brief surge of warmer surface temps (upper 30s-low 40s) that would likely be mostly light rain at lower elevations prior to frontal passage. 

Today’s system had a bit of a front running wave Sunday that might have had a hand in setting the boundary further south that the main wave ended up running on. So the Thurs wave evolution is going to have to be watched to see how it sets things up for Saturday, among other things like timing of both these features and  jet stream interaction. 

I do like Saturday for a 1-3/2-4 type ordeal, I’d prefer a southern vort track over DC vs a low over PA 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Re: a few other posts since mine, the Nam does have that second NS Vort seemingly starting to tap some moisture from the Gulf. It is minored out to the point of no specific reflection on the panel but that look "should" continue forward and keep the cold in place for whatever moisture we get over us. 

10am FINAL Obs:  Temp up to 35 as snow has tapered off and skies are brightening.  An additional half inch brings my storm total to 5.5". 

It sure seemed like I was under some of the best radar returns for most of the morning but a lot of you did a bit better than me.  I'm thinking my marginal temps reduced the efficiency of my accumulation at times.  Anyway, very pleased and a stunning scene out there!  I will get a liquid measurement a little later and report back.  On to Saturday.....

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

Lol im not believing anything until the storm is here at this point.

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

Are you going with 5 or 5.5 with this? I got both and think 5 was compaction. 

It's like shoveling a swimming pool now. Sun's out, sounds like it's raining with the melt. 

I put 6". Definite compaction. 

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

You did a little better than I did with both of the January storms if I recall correctly.

Steelers just cut Trubisky, Harvin, and Okorafor. 

3.5" for both of those.

Saw that. good moves i believe. 

• Like 2

I think we’re gonna get something Saturday but I also think we have a march moderate snow event that gets a lot of the sub (at least south of CTP) to near or above climo. 

now I know this type of set up in an Niño is usually a culprit for some of our bigger winters, but given the struggles we’ve had, beating climber, would be an achievement 

• Like 2