• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

With a big warmup ongoing and looking to have some staying power, here is where we stand temperaturewise for winter to date at some climate locations in central Pennsylvania.

DuBois (warmest)

image.png.b245c2df1ad0be86895d70a2c41cf69c.png

Bradford (2nd warmest)

image.png.e77d9db3f985688fc488e696a68e4f86.png

Williamsport (5th warmest)

image.png.507a34d45ea92751ec245200664abbf1.png

Harrisburg (6th warmest)

image.png.6143872808d6dcb6ecb7fe24fb91e88a.png

12 minutes ago, anotherman said:

I live about 5 miles from it.  I can confirm.

I can smell it here on ene'ly winds. But my back way to Williamsburg, VA takes me thru the town of West Point, VA, which has a seemingly bigger mill you drive right by so I'm used to it.

I  fondly recall the days of my youth growing up in Glen Burnie, MD when winds were out of the NW you could really smell the hops from the Carling Beer brewery along the SE side of the Baltimore beltway at I895. Ahh, now that was nice. Too bad the beer sucked. Lol

• Haha 2

Noted northeast Pennsylvania meteorologist Mark Margavage on X/Twitter predicted lots of cold and snow for the region with a polar vortex warning. So far, this idea has not worked out. This has been the 6th warmest winter to date in the Scranton/Wikes-Barre area, and looks poised to climb over the next week.

image.png.cc26597ca609d6066ccf78253e153210.png

Just now, TheClimateChanger said:

Noted northeast Pennsylvania meteorologist Mark Margavage on X/Twitter predicted lots of cold and snow for the region with a polar vortex warning. So far, this idea has not worked out. This has been the 6th warmest winter to date in the Scranton/Wikes-Barre area, and looks poised to climb over the next week.

image.png.cc26597ca609d6066ccf78253e153210.png

The guy is horrible.  I think Ji called him Mark Margarbage and I nearly spit out my coffee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, ChescoWx said:

Not much "staying power" to this very brief warm up to my eyes....image.thumb.png.35d1d5cc47b74ad387d2392accf84a0c.png

Temps averaging 45/30 and basically staying there for two weeks is still an extended period of above normal temps.

Just now, TimB said:

Temps averaging 45/30 and basically staying there for two weeks is still an extended period of above normal temps.

Just now, TheClimateChanger said:

Highs in the mid 40s, with lows barely below freezing, are cold for early February in Chester County? :blink:

God damnit, I didn’t mean to post this on both of my accounts.

Just now, TimB said:

I was going to question TCC's comment, but it brings back the old thought from earlier this year...what is warm and what is cold.  Both sides have merits.  To me, 40-45 is not warm any time of the year but it is AN. 

14 minutes ago, canderson said:

Take this shit out of this thread before I report every one of your posts. You ruined this thread last month and ran off some great regulars, it won't happen again. Get on with ya. 

I’m out. Hope @ChescoWxcan get out and enjoy the warmth and an early taste of spring without having to pretend it’s cold.

• Haha 1

snow map while decent for some, should be viewed w/ huge grain of salt nearby.  IMO elevation within the "bullseye" would be favored to get what its showin.

as always when I go warm, I want to be proven wrong in the worst way....so have at it.