Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

12 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I received just over .4" last night. Elliott picked up 1.4" at his crib in Central York.

Beautiful dendrites last night- my goodness.

It was a beautiful snow show last night with that streamer.
It delivered another 1 inch here & really was a great end to a Wintry day!

MDT got .4 more of snow last night with the streamer to bring their event total to 2.9” of snow.

They are above normal snow for the month to date at 9.3, which is 4.3 above the normal of 5.0 in January through yesterday.

The seasonal total of 9.3 is now only 1.1 below the normal average seasonal total to date of 10.4” of snow through yesterday’s date.

IMG_4578.jpeg

13.5 for the low this AM.  Areas of blowing snow which could cause some of the rural roads near open fields across the area to get recovered with snow. Winds will increase this PM and it will be very cold with high temps in the low 20's. Tomorrow will also be below freezing marking our 7th straight day we have failed to pass the freezing mark. The good news is Monday we will approach or maybe in some areas climb to just above freezing. We should then see milder temps with highs in the 40's for the rest of the week with rain chances almost every day starting Tuesday night.
Records for today: High 67 (1951) / Low minus 8 (1984) / Rain 2.18" (1979) / Snow 5.5" (2000).
Of note yesterday January 19th back in 1994 was the only day in recorded Chester County weather history that the temperature failed to get above zero for the day. The high was 1 below zero with a low of 11 below zero.

image.png.2b38d0b215d547862e236cfe2a322fb6.png

9 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

I assume that pixie dust is closer to 8:1 but those streamers were probably well over 20:1.

Yea there so many different flake types for one storm....I saw a lot of interesting posts mentioning how they changed so often.  That Mann band before and just after morning was defintely 15 or more I would think.

Exactly 30 years ago (1994), Millersville recorded their lowest all time minimum temperature and lowest daily maximum temperature (bolded).  The epic cold streak:

January 19th:  -2 / -14

January 20th: 11 / -10

January 21st: 18 / -18

The 19th was the only day in Millersville weather record history where the high temperature failed to reach 0.

• Like 3