Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

2 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I’ll take DT’s 4 to 6 in my yard & for the Harrisburg area.

I wonder if he is on to something or was he hitting the bottle to much. But i remember maybe 10 years or so ago. NWS had me getting on their original call of 2-4 something like that. But during the storm they had to issue a special weather statement and up the accumulation. I ended up with about 8 inches. It wasn't everywhere but there were a few counties involved where a heavy snowband set up and lasted for a few hours. Maybe it will happen again.

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That is about where DT's map put you....close to the 2" line.   I am solidly in the under 2" area.    The advisory says 2-4" though. 

Dt's map around DC could be right. Tough call down there. A 25 mile shift either way for them could mean 0 or 3 inches 

Along the M/D line and into southern PA I think there's a possible boom if things break right. Euro looks nice and improved the last few runs. Could see a boom scenario where along the border and southern PA gets 3 to 5. Ratios should be decent. Snow should be falling in 24 hours. Almost game time.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Dt's map around DC could be right. Tough call down there. A 25 mile shift either way for them could mean 0 or 3 inches 

Along the M/D line and into southern PA I think there's a possible boom if things break right. Euro looks nice and improved the last few runs. Could see a boom scenario where along the border and southern PA gets 3 to 5. Ratios should be decent. Snow should be falling in 24 hours. Almost game time.

Yea, I was mostly kidding on DT's map but some models have been showing us dry slotting so that is a concern.  I still think temps will be near 30 for us.    I like the 2-4 call right now (above the M/D line I think Sterling has you at 2-3 the last time I looked.)

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, I was mostly kidding on DT's map but some models have been showing us dry slotting so that is a concern.  I still think temps will be near 30 for us.    I like the 2-4 call right now (above the M/D line I think Sterling has you at 2-3 the last time I looked.)

I Hate that damn inverted V signature from Miller B's lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

I Hate that damn inverted V signature from Miller B's lol

I would like to see the vort stay a bit further south.  All of us would still get snow but would lessen our chances of vaporizing qpf.     12Z HRRR coming in and it is a little South and faster as compared to 6Z (at 1Z tonight.)

17 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That is about where DT's map put you....close to the 2" line.   I am solidly in the under 2" area.    The advisory says 2-4" though. 

The odd part is that all the new runs have me at 3-4". Yesterday I said the Nws forecast of 2-4" was too high and 1-3" was more likely. So when I saw the runs overnight, I  figured they were right. Then I  check the forecast and they cut it back. Makes little sense. I'm starting to think somebody from CTP driving thru Hanover stopped at the Starlight and got a lousy meal, so now they're getting even.

• Haha 3

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I would like to see the vort stay a bit further south.  All of us would still get snow but would lessen our chances of vaporizing qpf.     12Z HRRR coming in and it is South and faster as compared to 6Z (at 1Z tonight.)

Southern half of VA would be a nice path foe the vort.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mitchnick said:

The odd part is that all the new runs have me at 3-4". Yesterday I said the Nws forecast of 2-4" was too high and 1-3" was more likely. So when I saw the runs overnight, I  figured they were right. Then I  check the forecast and they cut it back. Makes little sense. I'm starting to think somebody from CTP driving thru Hanover stopped at the Starlight and got a lousy meal, so now they're getting even.

They could not find parking and ended up at Olive Garden. 

• Haha 1

Low of 15 here.  Currently sitting at 19.  Pretty straight-forward long duration light snowfall event upon us, which has been modeled very consistently for the most part.  Everyone enjoy the flakes and the weekend cold because we may be in for an extended warm period thereafter.  It looks like I've lost barely any snow here from the last event.  Always love to get snow on top of snow.  Enjoy! 

• Like 2

Nice to see overnighters holdin on to another event for Friday.  Getting close enough that the carpet might get tugged on, but it shouldnt get ripped out from under us.  2-4 on top of earlier week event makes for an awesome week, as no matter the end result....its snow on snow.  

Happy Pre Snowy Friday to all. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

ebbs and flows of models still gets us every time.  Ya'd think our old asses would know better...and just when we think we do...

Thats the fun of being a bunch of weenies....we dont get paid (and dont need to act like we get paid) to know better.  We can just chat and have fun with it. (well thats how I feel anyway).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

3-5" for the central and Southern LSV.  Close or under 3" for some of the North LSV and MSV as well as just to the West of the LSV. 

image.thumb.png.2eba7da2b3ea715341ea53d421dd14cb.png

Crowd pleaser right there.  

I'll even approve for @Atomixwxon his behalf while he's still on "vacation".

• Haha 1