• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

Holy moly, Buffalo forecast from late this afternoon through Sunday night is 1 - 2 feet of snow, wind gusts mid 60's tonight and mid 40's tomorrow.  How the f is there going to be a football game?  But per the NFL, it is still game on.  Wow, can't wait to watch!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Festus said:

Holy moly, Buffalo forecast from late this afternoon through Sunday night is 1 - 2 feet of snow, wind gusts mid 60's tonight and mid 40's tomorrow.  How the f is there going to be a football game?  But per the NFL, it is still game on.  Wow, can't wait to watch!

Should be great!

We picked up a total rain of 0.94" in East Nantmeal with 0.42" falling since midnight. A cold front is crossing the area this AM and temperatures will be falling through the day. Another cold front sweeps across the area tomorrow and we could see some snow flurries or squall with that and temps will again fall tomorrow PM with temperatures falling through the 20's and into the teens by 8pm. Once temps fall below freezing tomorrow they will stay there for at least an entire week. We will have a few potential light snow events this week with the first one later Monday night into Tuesday morning. The next chance comes in during the day on Friday.
Records for today: High 68 (1932) / Low 11 below zero (1912) / Rain 1.34" (1978) / Snow 6.0" (1964)

image.png.72792bcd17a753534fb6db50c075c40a.png

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

It’s really frustrating that Tuesday event is out to sea, literally.  We have cold locked in for once and poof, be gone. 

Maybe we get a squall tomorrow to salvage the week. 

Isn't that the case so often? Once you get good cold, the storm track is suppressed? 

43 minutes ago, Festus said:

I’m just waiting for the NFL to announce they’re going to play the game Monday night or something. The NY governor declared state of emergency for that part of the state last night. As much of a spectacle that it would be on TV, I dunno how you logistically play the game when it comes to getting the fans there in those conditions with the state of emergency declaration. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

I’m just waiting for the NFL to announce they’re going to play the game Monday night or something. The NY governor declared state of emergency for that part of the state last night. As much of a spectacle that it would be on TV, I dunno how you logistically play the game when it comes to getting the fans there in those conditions with the state of emergency declaration. 

Yeah they won’t play the same time as the eagles. But could be earlier.

59 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

I just watched the governor of New York tell Steelers fans to stay home and be safe. She doesn't want them at the game. It was intended to be a humorous little thing, but she made no mention of the game actually getting moved. Also, Tomlin said last night that he was told to be ready to go Sunday by the NFL.

We shall see. It does seem like Orchard Park gets a reprieve during the day on Monday with potentially more bands drifting in during the evening.

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I just watched the governor of New York tell Steelers fans to stay home and be safe. She doesn't want them at the game. It was intended to be a humorous little thing, but she made no mention of the game actually getting moved. Also, Tomlin said last night that he was told to be ready to go Sunday by the NFL.

We shall see. It does seem like Orchard Park gets a reprieve during the day on Monday with potentially more bands drifting in during the evening.

My guess is they can’t move it due to TV contracts and other nfl logistics. It’s going to be an awful game - you can’t play actual football in the weather they’ll have that should decide a playoff game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, canderson said:

My guess is they can’t move it due to TV contracts and other nfl logistics. It’s going to be an awful game - you can’t play actual football in the weather they’ll have that should decide a payoff game. 

No, the “payoff” game will be the Dallas game…lol, but really not lol…

Off topic.

Does anyone here have recent experience with assisting a loved one with placement into a nursing or assisted living facility?

Mom's agreeable to doing this so I can return home to my wife and family, but I got some sticker shock when I found out how much they cost per month. We're also not sure she would qualify for medicaid assistance. 

We're not sure if it's financially possible. She wants to stay out here, so getting a one story house with her living with us in PA isn't an option. 

I'm perplexed and frazzled as I really want to come home, but I'm not sure if we can do it.

Any opinions or help is appreciated. 

9 minutes ago, canderson said:

My guess is they can’t move it due to TV contracts and other nfl logistics. It’s going to be an awful game - you can’t play actual football in the weather they’ll have that should decide a playoff game. 

Yeah this is likely true. I LOVE a crazy snow game as much as anyone and am in no way advocating for moving the game, but I fully expect it to be a complete shit show haha. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Off topic.

Does anyone here have recent experience with assisting a loved one with placement into a nursing or assisted living facility?

Mom's agreeable to doing this so I can return home to my wife and family, but I got some sticker shock when I found out how much they cost per month. We're also not sure she would qualify for medicaid assistance. 

We're not sure if it's financially possible. She wants to stay out here, so getting a one story house with her living with us in PA isn't an option. 

I'm perplexed and frazzled as I really want to come home, but I'm not sure if we can do it.

Any opinions or help is appreciated. 

I don’t but there are resources out there to make sense of it. I wish you the best - it’s an impossibly hard thing I’m sure. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

No, the “payoff” game will be the Dallas game…lol, but really not lol…

You have bigger concerns with your team to be worrying about what's going on in Dallas. :)

I will go on record right now and say that the Eagles are going to crush Tampa. I honestly think they win by at least 17.

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

You have bigger concerns with your team to be worrying about what's going on in Dallas. :)

I will go on record right now and say that the Eagles are going to crush Tampa. I honestly think they win by at least 17.

I was having fun with @canderson typo there, kind of, but you never know what Jerry is up to…

This Eagles team has so many issues right now. Lord knows that I am an optimist, but this team lost me this month. It is a “week to week” league & “any given Sunday”…but I don’t have much confidence any longer. It’s shocking just how far they have dropped off in the last month.

But, I hope you are right!