• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

Re next week, I  don't like that 850 temps on the ensemble mean jumped 2C at 144hrs on the 18z v 150hrs on 12z. There were a lot of hits on the 12z to our n&w, so it certainly strikes me that had it gone out further, I don't think we would like it.  But hopefully that was an inconsequential blip and not the start of another warming trend...God help me.

25 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Dating girls from Baltimore can do that to 

25 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Dating girls from Baltimore can do that to you.

Jane is the first big city girl I have ever dated . I must admit that I thought she would be all pc and woke as hell. To my surprise she has been one of the most down to earth sweethearts I have ever met. She is about as un pc and raw as 30 year old females come these days. I also thought I would hate Baltimore, but it turns out I ended up really liking the area she lives in . 

• Like 1

I'll be honest and speak specifically for my backyard - this storm was underwhelming. 1.5" of rain and some sub-advisory winds. A solid storm on it's own but it wasn't what I thought it would be.

For anyone who has or will be negatively impacted, I hope I don't come across the wrong way. I wish all of you well with whatever you have to deal with.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'll be honest and speak specifically for my backyard - this storm was underwhelming. 1.5" of rain and some sub-advisory winds. A solid storm on it's own but it wasn't what I thought it would be.

For anyone who has or will be negatively impacted, I hope I don't come across the wrong way. I wish all of you well with whatever you have to deal with.

The meso's really lowered the rain risk (and the ec as shown this am) late in the game.  1-2" is not a major flooder when falling over a day. The snow this am may have been the larger story.

• Like 2

On 1/8/2024 at 8:51 PM, Ruin said:

nws all the long range guidance for last year said snowy cold from the pro mets not armatures but nws 

I understand your frustration. As long as you're not putting up snow measurements 3 hours after a storm  has ended on a 38°F morning and calling it accurate your ok in my book.

26 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Completely agree. Winds were pedestrian, and I’ll check the rain gauge in the morning but I know I’m under 2”. Biggest story was the strength of the snowfall across the I99 corridor. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yardstickgozinya said:

Jane is the first big city girl I have ever dated . I must admit that I thought she would be all pc and woke as hell. To my surprise she has been one of the most down to earth sweethearts I have ever met. She is about as un pc and raw as 30 year old females come these days. I also thought I would hate Baltimore, but it turns out I ended up really liking the area she lives in . 

I'm from the Baltimore metro area and married a woman from Baltimore City 38 years ago. My daughter and her husband live in Baltimore City now by choice. So I'm not surprised to hear you say that.

1.53" from the event with a VERY BRIEF period of frozen mix at the onset Tuesday morning.  All snow is gone except in small piles.  29.12" on the aneroid barometer this am.  Koeppen's subtropical humid continental (Cfa) is alive and well here in southern PA!

M.L.King Day
A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Monday Night
A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Tuesday
A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Just now, Blizzard of 93 said:
M.L.King Day
A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Monday Night
A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Tuesday
A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 28. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

CTP looks to be getting on board the 15/16th chance.