• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

And the overnight Euro looked rather solid for the 16th. It has a more pronounced and much better placed western ridge… pretty much where you’d want to see it for C-PA. The GFS this morning is getting better too (a little west with the ridge axis).

If we’re going to see a legit East Coast snow storm (something perhaps of the KU variety), that’s going to be a feature to watch if we start seeing more solutions like the Euro showed overnight. This is the period where we start to match up teleconnections… PNA to neutral or somewhat positive, NAO/AO/EPO negative, WPO diving negative. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

The HRRR and 3K are not as juiced as I was expecting as to qpf today. Some 2" locations in areas East of mountains where it is wrung out but lots of under 2" areas as well.   When I went to look, I was thinking it would be 2+" across the board for most of Eastern PA.   The 55-60 degree temps will end my snow cover streak at 4 days.  LOL 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The HRRR and 3K are not as juiced as I was expecting as to qpf today. Some 2" locations in areas East of mountains where it is wrung out but lots of under 2" areas as well.   When I went to look, I was thinking it would be 2+" across the board for most of Eastern PA.   The 55-60 degree temps will end my snow cover streak at 4 days.  LOL 

6z Euro fwiw 

qpf_acc-imp.us_state_pa (1).png

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I see Ski Liberty opened up for one trail (beginner)... today and Friday is going to close them down again but maybe they get a short stretch of open in Late January

We have a good chance of a Winter storm next week & it will get very cold for a week…either way, they should be good next week…. mid January …..

After today's storm we should see the weather improving tomorrow with rare sunshine returning for one day on Thursday. Our next rain event takes place on Friday before a turn to much colder by Saturday with potential snow chances increasing early next week.
Records for today: High 68 (1930) / Low -1 (1970) / Rain 1.66" (1964) / Snow 3.0" (1977)
image.png.cfd690b85e707551a01f500c417e0021.png

3 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

We have a good chance of a Winter storm next week & it will get very cold for a week…either way, they should be good next week…. mid January …..

I think they do open again next week.  The rain today and Friday will make them start over so going to take a few days to get open.