• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

4pm obs:  Moderate snow and 27ºF.  Right at the 6” mark (1.2” last hour) so that makes it the first warning event here since at least the 21-22 season. 
Back edge of the good stuff is lurking pretty close to here, gonna have to see if anything tries to backfill a bit the next couple hours. 
Nice..looks like the good stuff is done here but it was a nice little event..

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Finally looked at radar and I see that the mega-band is just now entering southern Cumberland.  I don't think I'll catch the meat of that band as it looks like it's heading NNE and will be sliding towards Harrisburg.  I'd say there's a pretty good chance of reaching the six inch mark or maybe even a bit more depending on the band.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Finally looked at radar and I see that the mega-band is just now entering southern Cumberland.  I don't think I'll catch the meat of that band as it looks like it's heading NNE and will be sliding towards Harrisburg.  I'd say there's a pretty good chance of reaching the six inch mark or maybe even a bit more depending on the band.

It is raining and sleeting up into Mt Holly now so may be close.

There’s some pingers being observed on mPing near Clearville and Breezewood (Bedford Co) with that band of really heavy echoes moving into Fulton/Franklin/Southern Huntingdon. Might be indicative of a surge of mixed precip  that gets deeper into the Sus Valley (perhaps catching Carlisle/Harrisburg or so) as we get late in the event. 

11 minutes ago, 2001kx said:

Nice..looks like the good stuff is done here but it was a nice little event..

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Yea this was a nice event. We’ll have to see if we can keep some lighter snows going for a couple hours longer. 

18 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Pouring rain and some sleet. 2" even on the ground and compacting. Almost every single snow map for here was way too high Stunning.

Confirmed here as well.  Can still see grass tips poking through.  Plowed slush at the bottom on the driveway will be a ton/cubic foot special.  Might just let it sit and let Tuesday's monsoon take care of it.

24 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It is raining and sleeting up into Mt Holly now so may be close.

I'm afraid my mega-band is biting the dust.  I'm down to light snow now.  I see two lines of attacks rapidly approaching.  Looks like sleet or zr coming up from my southwest and crazy rain (if you can believe the yellows/oranges of heavy rain) from my southeast.  They're all getting ready to collide very near me.  I'm measuring again in 5 minutes.

In Carlisle at 5:00pm there is very light snow falling mixed with a tiny amount of sleet.  During the past hour an additional 0.6" of snow has fallen, producing a storm total of 4.9".  I think I might bring in my clearvue and melt down the snow now before it gets contaminated with sleet and/or freezing rain.  My records indicate that it has been nearly 3 years since I had a single-day event of greater than 4.9" and that was recorded on February 5th, 2021 when 5.0" of snow fell.  More details to come.  Temp holding at 30.9 degrees, so any rain right now would be freezing rain.

• Like 1

Update from Carlisle at 5:11pm.  The snow has ended and has transitioned completely over to sleet, which is falling lightly.  There does not yet appear to be any freezing rain.  I quickly brought in my rain gauge before too much sleet made it in, and melted down all the snow.  The gauge is back outside collecting the sleet.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

An additional .3 of sneet here over the last couple hours. Event total of 2.3”. Now an 80/20 mix of rain to sleet, with everything compacting and washing away. Fun while it lasted. 

Thanks for posting this - I forgot to post my final total. 2.4" here. Remarkably similar.

• Like 1