Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Winter 23/24

Voyager

49 minutes ago, TimB said:

Is it painful to think that Michigan or OSU probably prepares for a whiteout game in Happy Valley like they’re preparing to take on an FCS opponent?

Well...

Western PA College football was...lacking this year. 

I'll enjoy watching another New Year's 6 game while Narducci takes Pitt for a ride around town on the T.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Well...

Western PA College football was...lacking this year. 

I'll enjoy watching another New Year's 6 game while Narducci takes Pitt for a ride around town on the T.

Western PA pro football is also lacking, though we’ll see if they can hold on in an important one.

Edit: after a complete defensive breakdown on a broken third down play, I definitely have my doubts.

• Haha 1

41 here this AM with drizzle and a stiff breeze mostly on an Easterly component.  

The rate at which some of the meso's have rain falling (especially Eastern LSV and east) does suggest some street flooding tonight.   Great representation of the system centered over west central Florida right now along with the eventual path it is progged to take as predicted by the pressure falls.    If it were cold I would be mighty nervous about a fail this far west (my place.)

image.thumb.png.7b2708847a133542e942fa23b879f5b1.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

41 here this AM with drizzle and a stiff breeze mostly on an Easterly component.  

The rate at which some of the mseo's have rain falling (especially Eastern LSV and east) does suggest some street flooding today.   Great representation of the system centered over west central Florida right now along with the eventual path it is progged to take as predicted by the pressure falls.    If it were cold I would be mighty nervous about a fail this far west (my place.)

image.thumb.png.7b2708847a133542e942fa23b879f5b1.png

Do you see damaging wind gusts in the Susquehanna Valley?

23 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Do you see damaging wind gusts in the Susquehanna Valley?

I think the combo of a wet ground and moderately strong winds may bring some trees down.    Looks like the wind will be the worst Mon afternoon in to Tue.   NWS mentioned an inversion which would limit gusts in valleys. 

23 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I think the combo of a wet ground and moderately strong winds may bring some trees down.    Looks like the wind will be the worst Mon afternoon in to Tue.   NWS mentioned an inversion which would limit gusts in valleys. 

Hopefully no shingles will be loosened and trashcans will stay secure. Yes there could be some power outages with this setup.

3 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Hopefully no shingles will be loosened and trashcans will stay secure. Yes there could be some power outages with this setup.

I was thinking. Maybe Canderson should put some Airtags on his trashcans for later tracking and final location for retrieval...lol

• Haha 4

52 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

The 0z Euro has thst sneaky wave next Saturday am that brings a CTP special holiday weekend light snow event to many of us.

IMG_3641.png

IMG_3640.png

Looks like it snuck right past Rou!  :-).   I sure hope the one week can-kick is all we have to deal with before a better pattern is upon us.   Next week's cold will at least make it feel like winter a few days. 

• Like 2

On 12/15/2023 at 9:58 PM, Blizzard of 93 said:

This apparently needs posted again.

The Pittsburgh crew must not have seen it…

Very sorry for the annoying-ness of some of the Pittsburgh posters.  I will apologize on all our behalfs.  It is very doom and gloom over there (also very annoying), it shouldn't be brought to other threads.

• Like 8