Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2023

40/70 Benchmark

34 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Goes into Monday too. We all knew a crap period was coming through at least 12/15. There was a sliver of hope that the NAO would keep us chilly, but that faded. 

At least we don’t have snow otg to worry and wring hands over melting. That would make doubly tough to handle. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

49 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

They seem to get shafted in so many events 

That's definitely true - usually "events" are blah for us, then the excitement starts when the upslope follows. That said, Bretton Woods still manages to have the best snow quality of any Northeast resort I've tried hands down, so I'd rather ski on good snow after 3" then ice after 10"... 

15 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Nice to see you get what you really wanted and proudly post photos . Looks beautiful 

It is what it is. I’d rather have woken up to grass and not go in late after clearing snow for 2hrs, but it snows when it wants to and when it does, I will be there to take pics. :bike:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It is what it is. I’d rather have woken up to grass and not go in late after clearing snow for 2hrs, but it snows when it wants to and when it does, I will be there to take pics. :bike:

Heh...I usually don't go in when we get a decent snow....but having a garage helps.

53 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

We’ve found any excuse to suck n December for the last decade and a half. Wild 

2017 Didn’t suck. 2018 we had significant snow in November. 2019 didn’t suck. 2020 didn’t suck.  Your recollections are horrible. If you’re gonna whine, then at least get your December facts correct. I just provided you with 4 that didn’t suck.  So your claim of a 15 year run of bad December’s is not correct. 

We knew a warm up was coming.  That doesn’t mean the whole month is toast. In 2010, we had Boxing Day, then it all melted and got warm less than a week later, and then Jan ‘11 came after that warm up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

What would you like to see in order to feel optimistic about winter prospects?

MJO spending sufficient time outside of the warm phases, not seeing any evidence of that yet.  Cold moving to our side of the globe (currently opposite) and an improved PAC.  Basically the opposite of what we will have for December

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, WinterWolf said:

2017 Didn’t suck. 2018 we had significant snow in November. 2019 didn’t suck. 2020 didn’t suck.  Your recollections are horrible. If you’re gonna whine, then at least get your December facts correct. I just provided you with 4 that didn’t suck.  So your claim of a 15 year run of bad December’s is not correct. 

We knew a warm up was coming.  That doesn’t mean the whole month is toast. In 2010, we had Boxing Day, then it all melted and got warm less than a week later, and then Jan ‘11 came after that warm up. 

My only real high-end snowfall since moving to Methuen in 10/2018 was during December 2019.

1 minute ago, qg_omega said:

MJO spending sufficient time outside of the warm phases, not seeing any evidence of that yet.  Cold moving to our side of the globe (currently opposite) and an improved PAC.  Basically the opposite of what we will have for December

Fair take. I think we have a shot to change at least the first one in about 2-3 weeks. Maybe not the second, but we'll see. We don't necessarily need vodka cold, though...especially where you are.