Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Yesvember or November?

Go Kart Mozart

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I’m surprised (probably shouldn’t be) that the Conway area is still snow. Just when it looks like it’s going to mix the warmth crashes back south.

image.png

You can see the easterly winds downslopiing off the mountains. The west side of the Whites often winds up with less and the valleys east of the mountains can do quite well.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Jefferson RWIS is 37°. Doesn’t Phin downslope pretty badly with S flow aloft? HIE is 37° too, but give them time…

He does. This definitely is not an event for Bretton Woods to Phin.  

HIE reminds me of these places I used to forecast for in Mongolia. Just an arctic desert.

One of the things that makes my area a weenie spot is that we can often be right on battleground longitudinaly and latitudinaly. Right at the transition of the CP and on the edge of the best CAD. this system is a perfect example, not far south of here in lavas hood they flipped hours ago. Some years I might do 20” or more than him even though we’re less than 15 miles as the crow flies. Meanwhile west bridgton still snowing even after we just flipped. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, NW_of_GYX said:

One of the things that makes my area a weenie spot is that we can often be right on battleground longitudinaly and latitudinaly. Right at the transition of the CP and on the edge of the best CAD. this system is a perfect example, not far south of here in lavas hood they flipped hours ago. Some years I might do 20” or more than him even though we’re less than 15 miles as the crow flies. Meanwhile west bridgton still snowing even after we just flipped. 

Prob still snowing by Pleasant Mt on Moose Pond where I go every summer. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Whitefield is probably sunny and 50. :lol:     Those areas like Jackson probably cleaning up.

Here's to hoping!

HIE 39, IZG 33.

Given the reflectivity moving through there, Jackson et al are probably doing quite well. This is the Cranmore webcam called "snowing" and yes it appears to be doing so!

705792168_Screenshot2023-11-22at10_03_02.png.15e8ee4e0520b01eca9e4437fa02a617.png

Then you may have seen my footprints going down the spiral stairs!  Do they have the holiday lights on at night?   I'll need to return for those sometime

Not sure if they are turned on yet but it’s a great sight when they do. I think that bridge is one of the most photographed structures in southern Maine at this point. That whole Park is a gem and right downtown.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Pouring rain in Bretton Woods. Conditions are awful for driving or even walking. I'd say 3-4inches of snow in the General area

Must be fun to drive down the notch and drop 1000' in elevation and at some point run into a wall of snow (this is Attitrash's cam)990352693_Screenshot2023-11-22at10_48_19.thumb.png.8e1b93ffcfb5e99df0349ecd56b64a25.png

• Like 2