Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Yesvember or November?

Go Kart Mozart

28 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah I've been out of the long range loop, so I try to ask around to gather thoughts. One common thing told to me....."ECMWF more overrated than Josh Allen."  And I quote lol. 

Ya it’s fallen from grace big time…but When we say ECMWF, do we also mean the Eiro ensembles(EPS) as well? 

2 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

On a lonely island by itself. 

Pretty much solely tied into phasing. Phasing situations drive me nuts because so many put too much stock into SLP and QPF charts. If there's a phase there will be impact and if there is no phase there will be minimal to even no impact. 

Just now, weatherwiz said:

Pretty much solely tied into phasing. Phasing situations drive me nuts because so many put too much stock into SLP and QPF charts. If there's a phase there will be impact and if there is no phase there will be minimal to even no impact. 

It is. But even the euro has a tropical-like meso low east of the surface low. So some funny business may happen.

• Like 1

Just now, weatherwiz said:

Going down to Florida for a week Dec 23...I have to remember to be on the look out for some severe threats down there between the 23-30. Hopefully a moderate risk derecho event. I'm just hoping the big one doesn't happen up here that week but it probably will. 

It will probably be just like the one you may see in florida up here.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

2012-13 and 2014-15 both had weak starts to the winter with a lot of snow after mid-January. 

Though Dec 2012 had some interior snow events. 

We had 30" of interior snows in 12/13, though no double-digit storms.  Though we had last-minute dodges of several storms in 14-15, the pre-Thanksgiving event dropped 13" here, by far the biggest November snowfall I've seen. 
(2nd place is 8.5" in 1974 at BGR, 3rd is 8" in 1968 while in NNJ, surprisingly no top-3s in Fort Kent.  A year after moving south from Fort Kent, they had 21" a few days before T-Day.)