• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Banter 2023

George BM

Darn it. I can't even go out and do delivery tonight, because I know there are numerous low water crossings where I drive at night and these places are wet as heck from recent rainfall. El Nino is bringing even more rain tonight. Otis just HAD to go from a tropical storm to a Cat 4 hurricane in under 12 hours, and we are getting upper level moisture from Otis. This is getting ridiculous. We dont need no more Pacific hurricanes, enough is already enough!

I am sick of Nino already. Hays County is already under a flood watch, as 1-3 inches of rain on top of what we already got in the past three days are forecast, with some communities getting 4-6 inches.

This is NO TIME FOR AN OVERACHIEVING STORM. We need to dry out real bad already.

To add even more woes, Sunday night will bring frigid mid January conditions with high temperatures potentially only in the middle 40s for Monday! With freezing cold northerly winds! I can't even find my winter coat! Whatever happened to highs around 77? Thats the NORMAL high temperature for Buda this time of year. This is no time for an overachieving Arctic front.

Many people are going to suffer horribly from this El Nino. It has already been seen in Acapulco with the unbelievable strengthening of Otis. They had no warning at all. Weather forecasters should be totally embarrassed.

Tonight, I got snuckered in really bad by this weather system to my west. I was so scared, horrified of being caught in a deep rushing flood as I drove by one of hundreds of low water crossings, that I decided not to go out on my beloved deliveries. Only to find out that the weather system to our west has not moved a g-ddamned inch all night! I just missed out on what would probably have been one of the greatest delivery nights of my entire lifetime! That's not the worst of it though. The worst of it is some other shmuck got all my orders tonight, because I was too damn SCARED of drowning in a so-called rainstorm that the National Weather Service got wrong as sin! Well here I am, all disappointed, missed a whole night of deliveries, and I am high and FRACKING DRY!! Isnt it like the Texas NWS to completely fruck up per usual! Every one of those posers need to go back to elementary school!

Texas is incapable of forecasting weather down here. That system never moved one frackin' INCH in 8 hours! Not ONE INCH east! And I missed a whole night of deliveries! And someone else got all the money I would have made tonight, IF I had known what a monumental fruck up Austin NWS is and always has been for at least the past 30 years!

I dont care about rain, I love delivering, especially at 5am in pitch black dangerous neighborhoods like southeast DC. I am the very BEST delivery person the entire world has ever heard of, except in rainstorms. Because of the hundreds of low water crossings I have to cross. That's why I got so scared of going out tonight. The ground is very wet, they forecasted 1-3 inches with 4-6 inches in spots. The weather system in question is still about 70 miles to my west and I missed out on an entire night of delivering. I like delivering food far better than getting to watch a 70 inch snowstorm bury Washington DC.

17 hours ago, Jebman said:

Many people are going to suffer horribly from this El Nino. It has already been seen in Acapulco with the unbelievable strengthening of Otis. They had no warning at all. Weather forecasters should be totally embarrassed.

Tonight, I got snuckered in really bad by this weather system to my west. I was so scared, horrified of being caught in a deep rushing flood as I drove by one of hundreds of low water crossings, that I decided not to go out on my beloved deliveries. Only to find out that the weather system to our west has not moved a g-ddamned inch all night! I just missed out on what would probably have been one of the greatest delivery nights of my entire lifetime! That's not the worst of it though. The worst of it is some other shmuck got all my orders tonight, because I was too damn SCARED of drowning in a so-called rainstorm that the National Weather Service got wrong as sin! Well here I am, all disappointed, missed a whole night of deliveries, and I am high and FRACKING DRY!! Isnt it like the Texas NWS to completely fruck up per usual! Every one of those posers need to go back to elementary school!

Texas is incapable of forecasting weather down here. That system never moved one frackin' INCH in 8 hours! Not ONE INCH east! And I missed a whole night of deliveries! And someone else got all the money I would have made tonight, IF I had known what a monumental fruck up Austin NWS is and always has been for at least the past 30 years!

I dont care about rain, I love delivering, especially at 5am in pitch black dangerous neighborhoods like southeast DC. I am the very BEST delivery person the entire world has ever heard of, except in rainstorms. Because of the hundreds of low water crossings I have to cross. That's why I got so scared of going out tonight. The ground is very wet, they forecasted 1-3 inches with 4-6 inches in spots. The weather system in question is still about 70 miles to my west and I missed out on an entire night of delivering. I like delivering food far better than getting to watch a 70 inch snowstorm bury Washington DC.

At least you’re safe! Forecasting is hard from what I’ve learned trying to do it. Someone described it as it’s like guessing where the first bubble will appear in a pot of water on the stove.

15 hours ago, Rhino16 said:

At least you’re safe! Forecasting is hard from what I’ve learned trying to do it. Someone described it as it’s like guessing where the first bubble will appear in a pot of water on the stove.

Yeah, at least I am safe. I dont want to drown from getting swept off of a low water crossing. Tonight I DID get out - and did pretty well! Almost as if I may have made up for last night somehow.

We got 3 inches of rain overnight. It FINALLY arrived at 530am lol. We got 1.6 earlier this week. Now we are up to 33 inches on the year. Mom's back yard is a quagmire. Weeds are erupting in my yard and once again I am down on my knees pulling weeds frantically! More showers may come Friday and Sunday especially with that early Arctic Front.

EDIT: OUCH! NWS said we may only hit 41 degrees Monday with 25 mph northerly winds on top of it and isentropic rain/drizzle rooted in the 850 layer to boot!

Man that is COLD as heck for us! It was only early October we were still 98!

We're gonna be THIRTY SIX frackin' degrees below normal!

On 10/26/2023 at 6:16 PM, CAPE said:

Need some Fall HH beer talk up in here. Who is drinking what?

Really like the DFH PA Tuxedo with the spruce notes. Very much a Fall season Pale Ale. 

Drinking a Utopias barrel aged 120 min IPA atm. Complex and totally delicious. Buzzing.

Went to Denizen’s after work yesterday in Hyattsville. Had a few seasonal cocktails, but their beer menu was pretty jam packed with good stuff you’d approve of. Food was solid too. 

If you’re ever in the beltway area, highly recommend. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, CAPE said:

Need some Fall HH beer talk up in here. Who is drinking what?

Really like the DFH PA Tuxedo with the spruce notes. Very much a Fall season Pale Ale. 

Drinking a Utopias barrel aged 120 min IPA atm. Complex and totally delicious. Buzzing.

I picked up My Only Friend from Ocelot a couple weeks ago and it's amazing. BA stout with no adjuncts - pure stout and that wonderful barrel character. I need to get back out there and load up with whatever cans they have left!

• Like 1

I'd love to talk fall beer and food, but the first week of September I got a "cold" and bronchitis.  My chest is doing better by taking Albuterol, but I'm still battling tons of congestion and an ear that won't unclog.  Though the worst is that I have had zero smell or taste for over a week.  And I mean nothing! :lol:

By the way, I had covid last February, but with this recent illness, I've tested several times and haven't had a positive covid test.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I'd love to talk fall beer and food, but the first week of September I got a "cold" and bronchitis.  My chest is doing better by taking Albuterol, but I'm still battling tons of congestion and an ear that won't unclog.  Though the worst is that I have had zero smell or taste for over a week.  And I mean nothing! :lol:

By the way, I had covid last February, but with this recent illness, I've tested several times and haven't had a positive covid test.

Get well and feel much better soon!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Not sure how reliable the home tests are anymore since the virus has changed so much, but that certainly sounds SARS-y! I've had COVID once (this past January) and I had complete anosmia and ageusia for almost three weeks - well after my other symptoms were long gone. By the time I got to ten days, I started getting *real* concerned that it was going to last a long, long time, so the first time I could start sensing smell/taste was a glorious day!

Sucks though. Sorry to hear you've been battling that crud.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mattie g said:

Not sure how reliable the home tests are anymore since the virus has changed so much, but that certainly sounds SARS-y! I've had COVID once (this past January) and I had complete anosmia and ageusia for almost three weeks - well after my other symptoms were long gone. By the time I got to ten days, I started getting *real* concerned that it was going to last a long, long time, so the first time I could start sensing smell/taste was a glorious day!

Sucks though. Sorry to hear you've been battling that crud.

Thanks for the hopeful words, albeit ones that I didn’t know. :lol:

Unrelated, I’m the sponsor of a hiking club at the school I teach at, and presently my student members are on an evening/early night hike. They are making their way on a trail to an abandoned church for Halloween. Unbeknownst to all of them except the club president, I’m already at the church.

image.jpeg.622c41d28c7221fb18b4a2241ac075dc.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, nj2va said:

Well said. Honestly, reminds me why I don’t want to post here going forward with how negative it is 

5 hours ago, mattie g said:

Pretty sure I posted more in spring and summer this year than I did in the last few winters. It really does get unbearable at times, and the negativity before anything has even happened is the worst part about it.

Alright, since it's still the "off-season" so let's have an honest discussion on this. What I haven't understood about either of your perspectives is...after 8 straight years of mediocrity, why do you expect the discussion to be more positive? And "negative before things happen"...well I mean, like watching a team have an awful season.. negative result after negative result will do that. Is it really a mystery? Is it realistic to expect people to be all positive during this drought?

Or is it more...Yeah I get why folks are feeling negative...but they should just shut up about it? Lol 

2 hours ago, aldie 22 said:

I've never felt so down after beating the Packers at Lambeau...thorough butt whooping yet Kirk going down blows.

Amazingly, this team was better than the 13-4 team last year.  They were poised to make a run with a soft schedule coming up, JJ coming back, and Kirk playing the best of his career.  And now, do they panic and bring in someone else, or just accept the tank and let Hall go out there?  So deflating.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic