• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA Autumn 2023

14 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Purely a qualitative thought on my end, but it seems like the 06z guidance is routinely dry year after year.

thats where the "off hour - we toss" derived from.  I've read previously about the off hour data used, and have seen the back n forth banter about some data being limited on off hour runs.  Not sure what the real deal.  Something about buoy data...dont remember.  In this age of instant data/info availability, one would thing that would no longer be an issue.

I just threw it out because a suggestion of dry was being thrown out, so i did some digging and ens guidance suggested otherwise, and beyond 5 days, I'm still leaning to ens guidance and look at op to see if the signals agree or diverge.  They diverged, but looking at overnights, they dried up a little, so maybe the dryish signal has merit.  

Happy Turk day. 

23 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Mowing season is over though! 

20 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

I'm not sure on that the grass here looks like it's still growing here. Even the wife said it's still growing and I mowed it last week.

I have had snow in the morning and mowed in the afternoon.

Feel I have one more mow left.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

• Like 1

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
Should be a great stretch of seasonably chilly weather with generally below normal temperatures over the next week as we move into December. The coldest day looks to be Saturday where some of the higher spots may struggle to escape the mid-30's The only chance of rain or a bit of mixed snow looks to be on Sunday evening.
Records for today: High 73 (1931) / Low 11 (1989) / Rain 1.30" (1961) / Snow 2.9" (1989)
image.png.3d6b686dfabe2ee57f1d0219a169a4ca.png
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, paweather said:

:DHappy Thanksgiving everyone let it snow for all!!! Except Voyager well he is in Phoenix anyways….oh well we will share with him!

It was 45 here this morning, and the house got cold enough that I turned on the heat for the first time this fall.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

• Like 2

Does anyone here in the Central PA Forum have an analysis like below comparing non-airport locales to more rural spots? The below chart compares all available NWS Coop sites in Chester County vs. The Philadelphia International Airport regarding annual average temperatures. This chart starts in 1940 through 2022. I chose 1940 as that is the year observations began at PHL Airport. As you can clearly see PHL airport (green line) heat island problem stands out like a sore thumb....PHL shows strong almost nonstop warming since 1940....while Chester County sites show no or at most minor warming across the County. Yet the PHL Airport is the only long term average temperature you will ever hear about on the local news.

image.thumb.png.c5a5937774e546545b0fd7e0e3d6d26f.png

7 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

What commodity do you deliver? Did you move to AZ permanently?

At the time I delivered to Petsmart stores.

As for the move, it's "semi" permanent. I had to come out to take care of my ailing mother. I do want to stay permanently as I love it here, but a lot depends on external circumstances. Up to this point, my wife has refused to come out and join me here. 

I'm on the fence as to what to do when the time comes for my mom to pass on. I love my wife, so I'm still hoping she will change her mind. Otherwise, I'll likely be heading back to PA.

• Like 1