• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Autumn 2023

This week should be a roller coaster ride regarding temperatures. Both Tuesday and Thursday should see temps well above normal in the mid 60's. The other days this week and into the weekend will see below normal temps with well below normal readings by Friday. Highs toward and through the weekend will likely stay in the 40's for high temps. Next chance of rain is not until Friday.
Records for today: High 78 (1948) / Low 18 (1991) / Rain 2.90" (1963) / Snow 8.6" (1953)
image.png.c194adf92efbb570f1747a76860effdb.png
  • Like 1

So. Many.  Dead. Deer. the entire way back from Albany area.  At least 20 on the side of 87>287>78 who ran into cars. A scary drive back. 
My great-grandparents were from Schenectady. That entire area is like Dachau for deer.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jns2183 said:

When will it rain

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

HGR needs 2.33 inches or precip in the next 57 days to avoid coming in at their lowest year ever (back to 1899.).  Averages/norms say they will get more so not likely they set the record but still in play.   For the year they only have 20.81" as of yesterday.    About 1" less than me. 

12 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Also...at noon this coming Saturday, I'll be heading west on the PA Turnpike to the Steel City. You mind dialing up a win in Happy Valley for me?

You know I will!  Now, about that Franklin fella....

11 hours ago, canderson said:

So. Many.  Dead. Deer. the entire way back from Albany area.  At least 20 on the side of 87>287>78 who ran into cars. A scary drive back. 

Tell me about it.  I made an impromptu trip to my buddy's cabin up here at 1,800' near the Tioga/Potter line (paging @pasnownut), and I have never seen so many deer carcasses littering the roads.  Was telling the boys about it when I arrived.  They are going hunting today and my job is to get a nice fire going and keep the whiskey warm.  Heading back home tomorrow.  Feels good to be up in the mountain air.  Complete silence as well.  Refreshing.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Tell me about it.  I made an impromptu trip to my buddy's cabin up here at 1,800' near the Tioga/Potter line (paging @pasnownut), and I have never seen so many deer carcasses littering the roads.  Was telling the boys about it when I arrived.  They are going hunting today and my job is to get a nice fire going and keep the whiskey warm.  Heading back home tomorrow.  Feels good to be up in the mountain air.  Complete silence as well.  Refreshing.

Enjoy - that sounds amazing right now. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Glad to hear you are having a good trip bud. 

I'll be on the hill tomorrow evening and for the rest of the week.  Like you, I look forward to the silence (except when interludes of laughter can be hear from good friends/family tha'll be joining me)... as we hope to do our civic duty by keeping dead deer off the road, and in our freezers, as they'll not go to waste there.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Up here in the mountains of Tioga County the high for the day was 54. We’re gonna build one hell of a raging fire tonight. Cheers everyone. I would post a couple pics but I keep getting that stupid message about the file being too large, even if I try the screenshot trick. Very aggravating. 

Upload to https://postimages.org, drink, copy direct link, post, drink, profit 

• Like 1