• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Autumn 2023

1 minute ago, sauss06 said:

i thought earlier this morning, with the way most of my trees have already dropped their leaves, i'd better go home and clean out my gutters

I'd stop by Canderson's house and borrow his wind machine. You'll get it done quicker that way. I heard that thing's so powerful that it even relocates trash cans...

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Voyager said:

I'd stop by Canderson's house and borrow his wind machine. You'll get it done quicker that way. I heard that thing's so powerful that it even relocates trash cans...

The proof for UAP's was right in front of us the whole time; Canderson's GCRF! (Garbage can relocation field)

• Haha 2

Yesterday I was driving from my house to my dentist, who is located in Huntingdon and along the drive (422 through Philipsburg to 53 going down Sandy Ridge mountain onto 99 at Bawld Iggle) and noticed the foliage season has begun.

Every year it seems like it's earlier and earlier, but I'm fairly certain it's right on schedule. I was blown away seeing colors already.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 4

A pretty big early season noreaster is on the way that will impact the County this weekend. Look for rain to arrive shortly after midnight and fall heavy at times tomorrow through Sunday morning. It should become more showery in nature by Sunday into Monday before ending.
Of note tomorrow will likely see many of the higher spots across the area fail to escape the 50's for high temperatures....so a mighty chiller early fall day which arrives at 2:50am overnight tonight.
Records for today: High 99 (1895) / Low 31 (1904) / Rain 1.81" (1975)
image.png.6d3fe57aa4d239e333746ff686c80367.png

5 minutes ago, Coop_Mason said:

I’ll go opposite on both 

I agree - CTP mentioned that top gusts might cap out at 30mph, and I feel like with coastal storms the wind often underperforms. 

I don't know how to feel about rainfall but I would think  you'd do as well as anyone. 

Then again - it's actually pretty windy here already. LOL

I agree - CTP mentioned that top gusts might cap out at 30mph, and I feel like with coastal storms the wind often underperforms. 
I don't know how to feel about rainfall but I would think  you'd do as well as anyone. 
Won't it have a lot to do with strength and position of high pressure

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Easterly flow up against south mountain usually enhances amounts.   Guess we’ll see 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2023 at 9:35 AM, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Only .49" here but still pleased.  Looks like another splendid week on tap.  I think the weather will be mostly fine for tailgating on Saturday.  Call it a hunch. 

Update:  my hunch is looking......not great haha.  Although, I will say that the first half of tailgating from like 8-2 may end up being mostly okay, and as others have mentioned there may be a lull around game time as well.  Either way, I don't see a total washout up there, more of a scattered showers and bands moving through type deal.  Am I trying to save face?  Yes.  But is there a glimmer of hope given the uncertainty of how stratiform the precip will be and some of the models wanting to hold off the heavier stuff until late saturday night or sunday?  Also yes.  I'll put it this way, for those of us who have tailgated in extreme heat, monsoons, 38 degree rain, snowstorms, and 10 degree wind chills, this should be a walk in the park.  To those who are going, have a blast!  #WeAre

• Thanks 1