• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA Autumn 2023

Low of 50 here.  National high of 111 at Rio Grande Village, TX and low of 15 at a place called.......Ketchum, ID.  Pretty impressive national low for September.  We're getting to that time of year, some blue starting to pop on the models out west. 

Man, this system is hard to pin down.  Seems a bit unpredictable and dare I say disorganized.  Down this way, some good rainfall seems like a sure bet but man that forecast for State College is tough.  Could be damn near completely dry all day Saturday up there, a total washout, or anything in between.  Really tough call for them but hopefully things come into focus here as we get inside of 48 hours.  

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Low of 50 here.  National high of 111 at Rio Grande Village, TX and low of 15 at a place called.......Ketchum, ID.  Pretty impressive national low for September.  We're getting to that time of year, some blue starting to pop on the models out west. 

Man, this system is hard to pin down.  Seems a bit unpredictable and dare I say disorganized.  Down this way, some good rainfall seems like a sure bet but man that forecast for State College is tough.  Could be damn near completely dry all day Saturday up there, a total washout, or anything in between.  Really tough call for them but hopefully things come into focus here as we get inside of 48 hours.  

15 for the low.  That IS impressive and quite the spread I might add.

headed to the cabin this weekend, so I'm hopeful were wet at home and smokin cirrus up there :P

• Like 2

I think this is actually a step back from the map that JNS posted late yesterday:
p120i.gif?1695300480
It is, but we don't have 2 camps anymore, one where we get nothing. The euro now is determined to follow the CMC and nam. Forcast is for about 1-1.5". The CMC nam and euro all want to give us 2"+

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Everyone I've spoken to going to the Penn State game seems to absolutely want blood due to our last visit there. Blood meaning running up the score if possible. Those who are going, what is your feel?

Yes that is absolutely the case, much of it do to their mocking of certain injuries our guys sustained, and just a general hatred for the Hawkeyes ha.  Unfortunately, I don't think a romp is in the cards, mainly due to style of play, weather, a good Hawkeye D, a Penn State O still finding itself, etc.  I just want a win, don't care how we get it.  This is one of the only whiteouts I will not be attending in person so hopefully that doesn't doom the good guys ha.

24 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Everyone I've spoken to going to the Penn State game seems to absolutely want blood due to our last visit there. Blood meaning running up the score if possible. Those who are going, what is your feel?

Yes.  Coaches making fun of injured players and Ferentz saying he "smells a rat."  My thoughts:

Wipe Them Out GIFs | Tenor

• Like 3

I want the defense to put a hole into the ground with McCarthy and then another for his family, and another for Kirk Ferentz.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Yes that is absolutely the case, much of it do to their mocking of certain injuries our guys sustained, and just a general hatred for the Hawkeyes ha.  Unfortunately, I don't think a romp is in the cards, mainly due to style of play, weather, a good Hawkeye D, a Penn State O still finding itself, etc.  I just want a win, don't care how we get it.  This is one of the only whiteouts I will not be attending in person so hopefully that doesn't doom the good guys ha.
I've been to 13. 2005 Ohio State is still by far my favorite. I think it was the loudest plus I only got tickets last second at the tailgate for cheap. They were 40 yard line with the old folks. I brought in two flasks started sharing, soon I swear every old guy pulled out their flask. Maybe it was because our state at halftime but those old bastards starting standing and cheering the 2nd half. Soon entire stadium was. It was the first time I in person ever saw the old rich folks with an energy to match the students. Never sat in such good seats since.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I've been to 13. 2005 Ohio State is still by far my favorite. I think it was the loudest plus I only got tickets last second at the tailgate for cheap. They were 40 yard line with the old folks. I brought in two flasks started sharing, soon I swear every old guy pulled out their flask. Maybe it was because our state at halftime but those old bastards starting standing and cheering the 2nd half. Soon entire stadium was. It was the first time I in person ever saw the old rich folks with an energy to match the students. Never sat in such good seats since.

i've been to many games, but this is my first white-out. 

I first thought the weather might play into Iowa's favor by reducing crowd size and hampering offense. Now that I know no one of the 40 or so people I know are not going because of the weather and how the student section gets in bad weather, a long with the absolute fire in everyone's soul, along with the state of Iowa's offense; it seems the perfect environment for the defense to just t off on cade and take over the game.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

A normal game is the equivalent to pounding some beers. A white out is like pounding shots of whiskey in between lines while listening to Metallica while 20 years old.

i normally have a party for the whiteout, but decided to JOIN the party this year

• Like 1

for state college

Saturday
A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 63. Northeast wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Saturday Night
A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 52. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
  • Thanks 1