Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wake Me Up When September Ends..Obs/Diso

40/70 Benchmark

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

High it 84 earlier but the clouds came in between about 12;30-2:0 right at our heating so we lost a chance at upper 80’s.. but the dews were 69-71 all day, and that’s all I care about 

Saw you had 83.4F today, what do you think you’re max will be through this torch period?

Trying not to be a stalky bitch lol, just mildly fascinated with how low your max temps are to be honest.  And it’s a good barometer for 800ft in Woodstock.

Like that 83F today was the hottest temperature there since July 27th.

Up here we did 87F at MVL and 89F (88.5) at local PWS.

Just now, powderfreak said:

Saw you had 83.4F today, what do you think you’re max will be through this torch period?

Trying not to be a stalky bitch lol, just mildly fascinated with how low your max temps are to be honest.  And it’s a good barometer for 800ft in Woodstock.

Like that 83F today was the hottest temperature there since July 27th.

Up here we did 87F at MVL and 89F (88.5) at local PWS.

Over the top warmth today.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Over the top warmth today.

Yeah going to be a hot few days. Hottest hike in a while today, nice cleanse, ha.

Down to 68F outside but with the mini-split it’s like 62F inside… wife is under blankets and cold.

Starting Tuesday, heat builds further as 500mb heights climb to or above 588dm. Heat index values correspondingly climb as well for Tuesday afternoon into the mid/upper 90s for many locations in the North Country as 925mb temperatures range 22-25C. One thing that seems to be keeping the humidity is that mixing is not the greatest given the height rises and presentation of a lower level isothermal or inversion layer, depending on location, at 4kft. NAM has been closer to what has occurred with mixing today than the GFS where the error in dew points has ranged 3-6C. NAM and bias corrected models were favored heading into Tuesday which supported slightly dew points lending to an additional degree or so increase in heat index values. Temperatures for Tuesday will also increase a couple/three degrees over Labor Day`s highs; the expectation is from widespread upper 80s for valleys to around 90 degrees. There will not be much relief Tuesday night although temperatures will cool into the 60s to around 70 degrees. The duration of these lows will be short-lived limiting the effectiveness of cooling homes and other structures even if windows are left open due to the thermal inertia and slower rate of heat release with dew points remaining elevated.

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Why is it taking 3 months between digging up and paving?

They always allow 2 months.. to let it firm up, weather and drive on it . Rain delayed my final pave about 2 weeks simply due to all the tstorms where they were scheduled to pave other homes . So in turn it bumps me back . Pumps in a bump. MC Hammer 

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

They always allow 2 months.. to let it firm up, weather and drive on it . Rain delayed my final pave about 2 weeks simply due to all the tstorms where they were scheduled to pave other homes . So in turn it bumps me back . Pumps in a bump. MC Hammer 

Ahhhh didn’t know that, interesting.

Had my driveway sealed last week, the ultimate paving week so far. 

This week, we tip cap to anyone working outside 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

They always allow 2 months.. to let it firm up, weather and drive in it . Rain delayed my final pave about 2 weeks simply due to all the tstorms where they were scheduled to pave other homes . Simon turn it bumps me back . Pumps in a bump. MC Hammer 

I’ve never heard of that 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah going to be a hot few days. Hottest hike in a while today, nice cleanse, ha.

Down to 68F outside but with the mini-split it’s like 62F inside… wife is under blankets and cold.

Starting Tuesday, heat builds further as 500mb heights climb to or above 588dm. Heat index values correspondingly climb as well for Tuesday afternoon into the mid/upper 90s for many locations in the North Country as 925mb temperatures range 22-25C. One thing that seems to be keeping the humidity is that mixing is not the greatest given the height rises and presentation of a lower level isothermal or inversion layer, depending on location, at 4kft. NAM has been closer to what has occurred with mixing today than the GFS where the error in dew points has ranged 3-6C. NAM and bias corrected models were favored heading into Tuesday which supported slightly dew points lending to an additional degree or so increase in heat index values. Temperatures for Tuesday will also increase a couple/three degrees over Labor Day`s highs; the expectation is from widespread upper 80s for valleys to around 90 degrees. There will not be much relief Tuesday night although temperatures will cool into the 60s to around 70 degrees. The duration of these lows will be short-lived limiting the effectiveness of cooling homes and other structures even if windows are left open due to the thermal inertia and slower rate of heat release with dew points remaining elevated.

Seems like someone at BTV sat back and stripped as they read it over and over to themselves. :lol: 

21 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Same. They have these massive rollers tact compress everything down. I don’t think you need weather and cars to drive over and pack it in.

I have never seen any paving company do it the same day. Doesn’t matter the paving company. Many neighbors and friends have done it over the many years we’ve been in Tolland and no one has ever done it same day. IIt absolutely has to settle and harden for an extended period. If not, it doesn’t last and cracks occur. 

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Low of 70.3. Absolutely awesome. 

I bet those few that uninstalled in early Augdewst reinstalled . I think a few Mainers did it.. Dryslot and a few others. Lol

Not uninstalled, but also haven't turned it on for like six or seven weeks.   Nobody is in the house during the day, but we will probably have to turn it on for a bit when we get home.   Window fan will suffice for the overnight probably

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I have never seen any paving company do it the same day. Doesn’t matter the paving company. Many neighbors and friends have done it over the many years we’ve been in Tolland and no one has ever done it same day. IIt absolutely has to settle and harden for an extended period. If not, it doesn’t last and cracks occur. 

Not so sure of that-mine was done same day in 2016 and it's crack free as of today as are the 2 neighbors who did theirs with ours (got a good price for all 3!)...Paving outfit out of Westport did it and they do alot around here the same day (tear up old/put down new)

9 minutes ago, MaineJayhawk said:

Not uninstalled, but also haven't turned it on for like six or seven weeks.   Nobody is in the house during the day, but we will probably have to turn it on for a bit when we get home.   Window fan will suffice for the overnight probably

Sucks have to run the AC after not using it much in August....oh well.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Was a great weekend though. Nice unofficial ending of summer. Wish we had this week off.

But alas, we turn the page after this weekend. 

September is usually a nice weather month with some summery days..I guess Labor Day is the unofficial end since school starts although most places start before Labor Day these days.  We went back a week ago Monday here...