Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August model and weather disco

weathafella

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I just feel like Summer is the season where I have the most fun with friends and family and that’s where memories are made. I love winter, but other than my personal weenie-ness, not a whole lot made lol. Except for my son I guess. He’s a big weenie now.

I agree, most good memories are in summer but my love for cold/snow gets me through the winter more easily than most people I know. Most people I know hate the winter snow and cold.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Some impressive mesos within those storms. 

Agreed, but when I looked about an hour ago almost none of the models were showing the activity making it very deep into CT - which is why they only have the watch to about Bridgeport. But of course even the best models are sometimes wrong, so we will see. It does look impressive now, tho.

Just now, ct_yankee said:

Agreed, but when I looked about an hour ago almost none of the models were showing the activity making it very deep into CT - which is why they only have the watch to about Bridgeport. But of course even the best models are sometimes wrong, so we will see. It does look impressive now, tho.

yeah models aren't too enthused at all which is certainly a flag, but the HRRR has been a bit inconsistent with this stuff today so just have to see how it unfolds. 

Just now, WhiteLawns said:

In these situations do those two strong sections of the storm fight each other for energy?

I think it depends on whether the updrafts are interfering with each other. I would think the inflow is favoring updrafts not being perturbed so that's why you have multiple cells within this cluster really going to town. However, at some point if outflow becomes dominant it will choke off inflow into the entire thing and it will weaken. This is what perhaps the HRRR is getting at

30 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Interesting way to frame it. It’s true, though most of my friends and family memories are skiing.  Without that though, winter would be a real tough season to put up with the never ending darkness and clouds.

Summer is a vibe like you said. Winter is more like waiting for a singular weather event that may or may not happen.

And of course it’s all subjective. There is no right or wrong answer. I get skiing there being a season of memories. Hell maybe it happens for my kids too. We all BS and I do too. 

It’s probably a regional thing too as I said, I’m biased. I have the ocean a few miles away. I also remember what you said and that the skiing peeps sometimes hang surf side with the waves. I totally love and respect that. I honestly wish I could do that lol. 

But when I look back and remember the times we had, summer is where it’s at.I have some great shots in big storms with the kids, but they just remember summer. My son is a weenie and he still talks about the big blizzard in Jan 22 and the rocktober storm in 2021 lol. He actually has Phil Swift “now that’s a lot of damage” as his screen saver. Lmao.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3