Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

24 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

22.01" here. 

I sometimes have slight variances in totals because I am not always exact like some of you guys so I am in the upper 16"'s as to the whole year.   Using MDT's averages that puts me well into the double digits in being behind the 28-29" which I think would be the norm at MDT now.  Officially MDT is my station, but HGR is closer and using those numbers I am in the 9-10" behind area I believe. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

18Z on Sunday at MDT:

GFS Says near 95

CMC says near 85

Icon, which apparently won the short-term model forecast for Idalia says 87....a lean toward CMC.

18Z on Mon at MDT:

GFS says near 100

CMC says 90-91

Icon says 90

GFS is a relentless scorcher.  Never enjoy seeing those deep pink 850 temp anomalies on tropical tidbits but they set up shop for pretty much the entire run. I need one of those emergency eyewash stations from  high-school Chemistry class after looking at that.   Euro was similar last night.  Still hope we see some back-down as we get closer.  Would compromise with the board heat-misers on the CMC's voice of reason solution.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jonesy56 said:

GFS is a relentless scorcher.  Never enjoy seeing those deep pink 850 temp anomalies on tropical tidbits but they set up shop for pretty much the entire run. I need one of those emergency eyewash stations from  high-school Chemistry class after looking at that.   Euro was similar last night.  Still hope we see some back-down as we get closer.  Would compromise with the board heat-misers on the CMC's voice of reason solution.

Unfortunately, might be time to pay the piper.

3 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Some may not open at all if they have no AC.  But again, not all globals are on board with excessive heat at least early week (much over 95.)

The AC in my school was wonky and broken so often that it was too cold inside even when it was really hot outside lol. People would have to wear hoodies and jackets in May

• Haha 1

12Z EC

Sun-88 at 18Z (like the Icon and 7 below the GFS)
Mon-88 at 18Z (11 degrees below the GFS)
Tue-93 at 18Z
Wed-95 at 18Z
Thur-96 at 18
Fri-87 at 18Z

So, a couple days which are possible 100's but timed different than the GFS.    Sunset about ~15 min earlier by next Fri. 

So KCXYhits 100 twice

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I got .28 of rain last night in Marysville.

Everything is green & growing.

Lots of mowing in my future!

Congratulations. You will likely win the 2023 Central PA Great Mowing Derby. I mowed for the 27th time one week ago today and will not again for at least another 10-14 days if then. Grass is dead.