• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2023

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

A good comment in a mid-July AFD (large wording.) 

After a mostly cloudy and cooler day Monday with
lingering scattered showers, high pressure at the surface and
aloft will return for Tuesday with mostly sunny skies, slightly
below normal high temperatures and comfortable humidity.

Translation… lower dew points!

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

A good comment in a mid-July AFD (large wording.) 

After a mostly cloudy and cooler day Monday with
lingering scattered showers, high pressure at the surface and
aloft will return for Tuesday with mostly sunny skies, slightly
below normal high temperatures and comfortable humidity.

It can't come soon enough. I'm tired of not being able to see when I walk out the door. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I was just walking around the yard and about 2/3 of the yard is dormant and brown/not growing.    Not dead though so not really upset....after 2020 this is all a piece of cake. 

There is a large church down the road in Marietta with a huge expanse of grass - it really got brown the past 2 days.

It doesn't take long this time of year when it doesn't rain. I mowed early in the week and the grass has ground to a halt.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

There is a large church down the road in Marietta with a huge expanse of grass - it really got brown the past 2 days.

It doesn't take long this time of year when it doesn't rain. I mowed early in the week and the grass has ground to a halt.

Everything mostly nice and green here. That half inch yesterday really helped and tomorrow will surely secure things for a little while longer. All in all not bad for July considering what we were looking at not long ago. 

My towns been super lucky with all the rain. The brown dead grass is gone and super lush green grass is back in full force because it's rained so much here the past few weeks. I didn't even realize most of the areas still in a bad drought because I just assumed the rains were more widespread. I've gotten 5 inches of rain just in the last 7 days alone

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

My towns been super lucky with all the rain. The brown dead grass is gone and super lush green grass is back in full force because it's rained so much here the past few weeks. I didn't even realize most of the areas still in a bad drought because I just assumed the rains were more widespread. I've gotten 5 inches of rain just in the last 7 days alone

Thanks for acknowledging.  We have not had 5" of rain for May, June and July combined.  Meanwhile in Marysville

image.jpeg.995de09cd1d9515af106af4ed73b9ae3.jpeg

• Haha 3

Started off with a bang: Suddenly realized the 4:30a silence of Williamsport had been replaced with both rain and thunder. Funny 11:00p precip map for Channel 16 showed only only location getting more than one inch yet weather guy  mentioned possibility of several inches as he discussed updated models and lower amounts than predicted earlier.

Once again I feel I have no idea really what we will end up getting. At least it won't be nothing this time. Things will be off and on until 11a then all day until around midnight according to Wunderground hourly. 

Could be a pretty stormy PM across much of the area. Hopefully spots that have already seen more than 5" of rain will not be as hard hit today. Rain should arrive in Chester County after 11am and be east of the county by no later than 7pm this evening. The daily rain record for today set back in 1935 could be in jeopardy today.
Records for today: High 103 degrees (1936) / Low 48 degrees (1984) / Rain 2.00" (1935)
image.png.2b04593d815f1c2a25a4a4f542acfe88.png
  • Like 1